Windows 10: Windows missing Title Bar?

Discus and support Windows missing Title Bar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 PRO. I"m not sure what its actually called, but on the desktop, when I open a window - browser, Syncback, whatever, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GracieAllen, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Windows missing Title Bar?

I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 PRO. I"m not sure what its actually called, but on the desktop, when I open a window - browser, Syncback, whatever, the top of the window has a bar with the name of the program (title bar, I think).

Windows missing Title Bar? [​IMG]

On the LAPTOP, there is NO bar at the top of the window. I figure this HAS to be some setting I'm missing, but I've looked all over the settings and can't find it. I've read a bunch of Internet things - from "BIOS is out of date" to "Turn on color in Personalization", and some even more bizarre, but so far nothing has turned on that thing at the top of the Window...

What do I need to do?

:)

GracieAllen, Feb 16, 2020
  2. DJC
    djc Win User

Title Bar wont change

Understand that default Title Bar in Windows 10 is white, However when I click on themes (which shows various title
    bar/window borders colors (or Shades) my Title Bar stays completely white. Can anyone understand my questions & have any suggestions?

3. longeill Win User
    Title Bar is missing on Microsoft Edge, Windows 10

The title bar is missing from my Edge browser. I cannot move the window, or look at other tabs. I know how to close the window, and I can use another browser for the time being. It's just an inconvenience.

Some things I've tried and know about:

The resolution is fine, the title bar is missing no matter where the window sits. If Edge is maximized I can see the desktop's wallpaper or whatever window is behind Edge in the area the title bar would normally be.

F11 goes fullscreen, F11 again goes back to maximized with no title bar.

Changed themes and that doesn't resolve the issue.

Tried just clicking the area where the titlebar/tabs are, and nothing changes. Can't move the window, so it leads me to believe title bar isn't just invisible but is missing outright.

Any help would be appreciated.

longeill, Feb 16, 2020
  4. ethel Win User

Windows missing Title Bar?

ethel, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows missing Title Bar?

1. Windows missing Title Bar? - Similar Threads - missing Title Bar

2. Switch monitor button on title bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch monitor button on title bar missing: A few weeks ago, the often used button on the title bar to switch a window to a different monitor disappeared. I know the keyboard shortcut, but I'm wondering where the button went, and can't seem to find anything on how to get it back. Are there title bar settings somewhere...
  3. Missing icon and folder name in folder title bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing icon and folder name in folder title bar: Today when was searching through files something bothered me, then I realised there's lack of icon and folder name in the folder title bar. Also it looks weird it covers things below title bar? [ATTACH]...
  4. Title Bar is missing on Microsoft Edge, Windows explorer, Windows 10

Title Bar is missing on Microsoft Edge, Windows explorer, Windows 10: Title Bar and other toolbar on Microsoft Edge, Windows explorer goes missing when maximised or minimised in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/title-bar-is-missing-on-microsoft-edge-windows/2df46db2-73e5-43b5-a1de-410672471fd5
  5. Windows 10 pro missing title bar and part of the top of window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pro missing title bar and part of the top of window: I am a system administrator for a small company. We have two computers with Windows 10[ATTACH] and dual monitors monitors with different aspect ratios 16: 9 & 4: 3 and both have a similar problem. Here is a discussion of such a problem: But she's locked One of the...
  6. Missing title bar on Windows 10

Missing title bar on Windows 10: I've recently lost the title bar on certain programs currently known programs are: Command Prompt, Notepad++, Atom and WinRAR. I'm on Windows 10 version 1909, dual monitor setup. Took these a while ago of my whole screen 1920x1080.First using the default Windows Notepad and...
  7. Missing title bar on certain applications

Missing title bar on certain applications: Recently, I've lost the title bar on some applications such as Notepad++ and Atom. I've tried reinstalling them, putting them into fullscreen with F11 and "post-it mode" for Notepad++ using F12 and I'm not in tablet mode. I'm using Windows 10 version 1909, latest Nvidia...
  8. Window title bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window title bar: [ATTACH] Anyone know if its possible to display the 4 windows like this but without the title bar along the top of each window? https://preview.redd.it/a86t468p5p141.jpg?width=1908&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=047e083d08c51455c01fa7d1ddafe47c6c732066 submitted by /u/yenmiT...
  9. File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Tabs, Ribbon and title bar missing: Hi all, A Client of mine had a strange occurrence in Windows 10 Enterprise x64. their file explorer, once maximized looses its tabs, ribbon and title bar. Has anyone come across this issue? Restarting explorer.exe did not fix the issue. I had the client reboot and it was...
  10. Fullscreen arrow missing in title bar of Modern apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Fullscreen arrow missing in title bar of Modern apps: So I just noticed that the little diagonal double-arrow at the right of the title bar that you use to run modern/universal apps fullscreen is suddenly missing. The arrow was there when I installed Windows 10 and was still there (afaik) up until a few days ago. Now I just have...