Windows 10: Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker

Discus and support Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using a windows 11 home computer with a Digitech aux microphone. It is going via an adaptor to my HP envy x360 ed-0xxx. When I connect the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 23'e'e, Aug 24, 2023.

1. 23'e'e Win User

Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker

I am using a windows 11 home computer with a Digitech aux microphone. It is going via an adaptor to my HP envy x360 ed-0xxx. When I connect the microphone to the computer, it thinks that it is a speaker and therefore plays music out the microphone. I have tried it on different computers and it has the same problem. However, it is a working mic because I plugged it into my electronic keyboard and it worked perfectly. I have tried to contact Digitech but have been unsuccessful in finding anyway to contact them.

:)

23'e'e, Aug 24, 2023
  2. JohnnyGui Win User

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Yes I have but it's still too low.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

So I think I found the culprit. The cable itself I connect the headset with has a low-quality built-in mic as well.
    Connecting the headset with that cable into the microphone aux enables that mic instead of the mic built in the headset.

I was thinking of buying an aux cable without a built-in mic but I'd then need something like the following which I can't find anywhere.

Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker 329912d1619694849t-headsets-mic-not-working-when-connected-aux-te-vinden-aux-kabel.jpg

Does such a cable actually exist?

JohnnyGui, Aug 24, 2023
  3. Curiou Win User

Hi,

I know it's an old post. But looks like I am in the same situation as you were. Did you find the solution for it ? Did you try a 2.5mm TRRS (4 poles) male to 3.5mm TRRS (4 poles) male connector wire ?

Curiou, Aug 24, 2023
  4. Dude Win User

when you maxed it, did you use the levels tab, and max both sliders?

Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker 329819d1619630580t-headsets-mic-not-working-when-connected-aux-mic-boost.png

Thema:

1. Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker - Similar Threads - mistakes aux mic

2. My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11: I have bought Gamma GT 419 speaker that has AUX, SD slot, and Bluetooth. I have tried on my mobile and the bluetooth connection is working fine however, when I am connecting AUX to PC windows 11, there is no sound getting out of my speaker.I believe there is something wrong...
  3. My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11: I have bought Gamma GT 419 speaker that has AUX, SD slot, and Bluetooth. I have tried on my mobile and the bluetooth connection is working fine however, when I am connecting AUX to PC windows 11, there is no sound getting out of my speaker.I believe there is something wrong...
  4. Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker

Windows mistakes aux mic for speaker: I am using a windows 11 home computer with a Digitech aux microphone. It is going via an adaptor to my HP envy x360 ed-0xxx. When I connect the microphone to the computer, it thinks that it is a speaker and therefore plays music out the microphone. I have tried it on...
  5. Aux Cord Mic not detected by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aux Cord Mic not detected by Windows 10: I recently bought a pair of wireless Zebronics headphones which came with a wire to connect it to the headphone port. Since the cable lacked a mic, I brought a new aux cord which had a in-line microphone to use. I connected it to the PC and the sound plays into the...
  6. Aux Cord Mic not detected by Windows 10

Aux Cord Mic not detected by Windows 10: I recently bought a pair of wireless Zebronics headphones which came with a wire to connect it to the headphone port. Since the cable lacked a mic, I brought a new aux cord which had a in-line microphone to use. I connected it to the PC and the sound plays into the...
  7. Aux Cord Mic not detected by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Laptop Aux Out Speakers not Working with USB Speakers

Laptop Aux Out Speakers not Working with USB Speakers: Hello,I just bought USB speakers no aux 3.5mm jack. Now the speakers that are plugged into the aux out won't work were working before. Can you have USB and aux out speakers working at the same time?Thanks,Gary...
  9. My speakers, mic and aux port isn't working , driver problem

My speakers, mic and aux port isn't working , driver problem: So I have a lenovo AIO and I installed windows 10 on it but after that I noticed that my speakers are not working I tried to reinstall drivers from device manager , I tried windows update, I tried to install manually from realtek website, I tried 3rd party driver installers,...
  10. no audio signal to aux speakers

no audio signal to aux speakers: Windows 10 with updated drivers stopped powering up my aux JBL speakers.I have connected them to the port on the left side of the laptop.This port will work for headphones.Have also checked that speakers are set to default setting.The laptop speakers work fine?...