Windows 10: Windows Mixed reality controller connection issue

Discus and support Windows Mixed reality controller connection issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to use both windows mixed reality controllers at the same time. They both connect, however, the first controller that connects works, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mandapoe, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Mandapoe Win User

Windows Mixed reality controller connection issue

I am unable to use both windows mixed reality controllers at the same time. They both connect, however, the first controller that connects works, and lights up brightly as it should. The second controller stays dimly lit, and while it connects, does not do anything. I can use either one, it just depends on which one I turn on first. I have a feeling it is a bluetooth problem, however, bluetooth says they are both connected. I do not have bluetooth 4.0 as is required, however it runs and I have been using this headset for almost a year with no problems with the controllers until now.

:)

Mandapoe, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows Mixed Reality - Left controller not connecting

Hi Wing3685,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you installed all pending updates on the PC?
    3. Are you getting any specific error messages when setting up the Mixed Reality Controllers?
    4. What is the make and model of your computer?
    1. What is the make and model of the controller?

However, I suggest you to refer this article
    Windows Mixed Reality help
    , and check if that helps.

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 4, 2019
  3. lenovo Mixed reality controllers

Hello Bill,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    3. Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    4. Are you getting any specific error messages when setting up the Mixed Reality Controllers?
    5. What is the make and model of your computer?

Upon researching, it was stated in this article that KB4284848 "Addresses a performance issue with Windows Mixed Reality on some laptops with hybrid graphics adapters, such as Surface Book 2".
    If you're using a laptop that supports hybrid graphics adapters, then its advisable to install the said KB update.

In addition, here are some articles that may help you troubleshoot your Mixed Reality Controllers:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Windows Mixed reality controller connection issue

Shawn Brink, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mixed reality controller connection issue

1. Windows Mixed reality controller connection issue - Similar Threads - Mixed reality controller

2. Mixed reality help. Controllers stay on the ground issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixed reality help. Controllers stay on the ground issue: Controllers are connected and all was done to troubleshoot is Repair and reset Mixed reality and also checked for updates and restarted computer.Any suggestions for a solution?...
  3. Mixed reality help. Controllers stay on the ground issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mixed reality help. Controllers stay on the ground issue: Controllers are connected and all was done to troubleshoot is Repair and reset Mixed reality and also checked for updates and restarted computer.Any suggestions for a solution?...
  4. Windows Mixed Reality Left Controller not connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Left Controller not connecting.: My windows Mixed reality controller will not connect to my computer, it is no problem with Bluetooth as the right one DOES connect. I have reinstalled WMR Portal, updated my drivers, and unplugged and re-plugged everything. I can provide more info at request, and help...
  5. Issue with Windows Mixed Reality and Controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Mixed Reality and Controllers: I've searched far and wide for a solution, but have yet to find one. Hopefully someone here can help me out. I have a Lenovo Explorer and I'm on the latest Windows 10 update. Issues started about 2 weeks ago. First steam VR would be black and my controllers would not...
  6. Mixed reality headset issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed reality headset issue: I have Lenovo mixed reality headset that I cannot connect to my PC. When I plug the USB cord in the 2.0 port, I receive a message saying to plug it into 3.0 port. When I plug it into the 3.0 , I get an error message about connecting my headset...
  7. Mixed Reality Controllers won't connect.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mixed Reality Controllers won't connect.: Every time i start up my wmr portal and try to connect the controllers, they don't pop up on the Bluetooth tab and i've tried everything, uninstalling the drivers, updating drivers, troubleshooting, etc. and i can't find a fix. Can anyone help?...
  8. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  9. Windows Mixed Reality Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Issues: Hello! I'm not sure how many other people have faced these issues, but I can't seem to narrow it down to a simple determination of "Hardware or Software issues," so here we go; I have the Acer Windows Mixed Reality headset, Zotac 1070ti 8gb, Intel i5 4690k, MSI B85M, 16gb...
  10. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da