Windows 10: Windows Mixed Reality stuttering/freezes OS

Discus and support Windows Mixed Reality stuttering/freezes OS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Environment:Windows 1020H219042.1110Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0Nvidia driver: 471.41Hardware:AMD Ryzen 5 3600XGygabyte b550m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScientistCrazy, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Windows Mixed Reality stuttering/freezes OS

My Environment:Windows 1020H219042.1110Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0Nvidia driver: 471.41Hardware:AMD Ryzen 5 3600XGygabyte b550m DS3hNvidia RTX2070 SuperI have used my WMR headset Lenovo 14 june 2021 and it did work properly. But today 25.07.2021, when I connect Lenovo WMR to PC, Mixed Reality Portal starts and freezes my PC, it calls black screen blinking. It has very low FPS in VR applications below 20.I suspect that problem in last WMR update.I need help! Now, work with WMR is impossible.I have tried more earlier Nvidia drivers, but they hang my PC more hardly.

:)

ScientistCrazy, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Opening the windows mixed reality portal freezes my pc

Hi OPretzel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Do you see any error code/message upon PC freeze?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the PC prior to this issue?

I suggest you to try the methods listed below and check if it works for you:

Method 1

Check for Updates:

One of the possible reasons for Windows Mixed Reality not working correctly is the outdated software. I suggest you to check if there are any pending updates and ensure your Windows 10 is up to date. Refer
    Update Windows 10, to know how to check for updates.

Method 2

Update Firmware:

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager
    • Expand Mixed Reality Devices, right click the headset device, and choose
      Update Driver.
    • Restart the machine, and open Mixed Reality portal to see if the issue persists.

Method 3

Uninstall and Reinstall Windows Mixed Reality:

• Go to Settings >
      Mixed reality > Uninstall
      and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. To start the setup process again, just plug your headset into your PC.

For more troubleshooting tips on Windows Mixed Reality, refer
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

If the issue persists, check the Applications and System Event Logs in Windows (using Event Viewer) and let us know what the logs say at the time of crash.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Windows Mixed Reality stuttering/freezes OS

lenovo Mixed reality controllers

Hello Bill,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    3. Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    4. Are you getting any specific error messages when setting up the Mixed Reality Controllers?
    5. What is the make and model of your computer?

Upon researching, it was stated in this article that KB4284848 "Addresses a performance issue with Windows Mixed Reality on some laptops with hybrid graphics adapters, such as Surface Book 2".
    If you're using a laptop that supports hybrid graphics adapters, then its advisable to install the said KB update.

In addition, here are some articles that may help you troubleshoot your Mixed Reality Controllers:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Mixed Reality stuttering/freezes OS

1. Windows Mixed Reality stuttering/freezes OS - Similar Threads - Mixed Reality stuttering

2. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  4. windows mix reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mix reality: my HP mix reality headset showing black screen. I got this problem for 6 month . Alredy tried all the solution online and still black screen. and it work just fine before....
  5. windows mix reality

windows mix reality: my HP mix reality headset showing black screen. I got this problem for 6 month . Alredy tried all the solution online and still black screen. and it work just fine before....
  6. Surfacebook 2 microsoft mixed reality stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surfacebook 2 microsoft mixed reality stuttering: This has been working great for almost 6 months now. I have a Samsung Odyssey plus and a 15" surface book 2 with nvidia GeForce 1060. All of a sudden when I move my head I get ghosting of images. When my head is steady, it looks great. What can be causing this and how...
  7. windows mixed reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mixed reality: Nvidia mx150 is supported for windows mixed reality but mx250 isn't why? need help at this.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mixed-reality/b69248fb-657c-4515-9425-2fb71d300996
  8. Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality: When I am playing in the Windows Mixed Reality portal it will just stop displaying in the headset and keep displaying on the PC. 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro with 32GB Ram. NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Video Card. Not sure what to do to fix this. My first thought is a video card with...
  9. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  10. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da