Windows 10: Windows mixed reality teal square in left eye

Discus and support Windows mixed reality teal square in left eye in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I've been dealing with this problem for a few days now where I just picked up an old 3glasses S1 and I'm trying to run it on -radeon sapphire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JonathanBryner, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Windows mixed reality teal square in left eye

Hello I've been dealing with this problem for a few days now where I just picked up an old 3glasses S1 and I'm trying to run it on

-radeon sapphire r9 390

-16gb ram

-intel i7 3770 3.40GHz

-inateck KT4001 usb 3.0 Microsoft drivers

-windows 10 Pro

And when I first started the usb 3.0 check mark in wmr was an X and the only way I could get it to run was by unplugging the vr headset, hitting back, then agreeing forward again and the check list would let me through without the headset plugged in. Once wmr was installed my headset would come on and try to display as a second monitor one long one not set for vr then freeze. Sometimes it would stay on long enough that wmr would start to boot and everything would look 3d but there was a teal square in the middle of the left lens. I figured this was all a usb 3.0 issue and wmr hated my onboard usb 3.0. So I went and bought the inateck card and Uninstalled wmr then reinstalled it. This time when installing the USB 3.0 was checked along with everything else but the next button was grayed out. I realized I didn't install the Microsoft drivers for the USB card so I fixed them and restarted. This time I had the same problem as the first where the USB 3.0 was X unless I went back then forward with the headset unplugged. Now wmr starts and I can use it but there is still a large teal square in the left lens. I know its wmr and not the headset cause it still acts like an extended monitor if I press windows+Y and move the mouse cursor over the square I see the cursor. Sorry for the long winded questions I just wanted to get as much info as possible out and thought the USB 3.0 install might be the issue.

:)

JonathanBryner, Aug 28, 2020

2. What is "Mixed Reality Portal" ? Can I remove it?

Hi,

For us to provide the best solution to your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are trying to uninstall the Mixed Reality Portal?
    • What steps have you done so far?
    If you're trying to uninstall the Mixed Reality Portal, let's try uninstalling it thru the Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Mixed reality.
    • Select Uninstall on the left pane.
    • Click Uninstall.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Windows Mixed Reality - Left controller not connecting

Hi Wing3685,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you installed all pending updates on the PC?
    3. Are you getting any specific error messages when setting up the Mixed Reality Controllers?
    4. What is the make and model of your computer?
    1. What is the make and model of the controller?

However, I suggest you to refer this article
    Windows Mixed Reality help
    , and check if that helps.

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Windows mixed reality teal square in left eye

windows mixed reality

Hi,

Yes, you're correct. The Windows Mixed Reality simulator allows you to test mixed reality apps on your PC even if you don't have an immersive headset. If you are experiencing issues with turning on simulation, maybe you haven't set it up yet. Follow the
    steps below on how to get started with the Windows Mixed Reality simulator:

• Click on Get started.
    • Click on I agree to accept the agreement.
    • To proceed through setup, click on Set up for simulation (for developers).
    • Click on Set up to confirm your choice.

Once you have set that up, click on the For developers button on the left side of the Mixed Reality Portal, and you should now be able to turn the Simulation toggle switch to
    On.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows mixed reality teal square in left eye

1. Windows mixed reality teal square in left eye - Similar Threads - mixed reality teal

2. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  4. windows mix reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mix reality: my HP mix reality headset showing black screen. I got this problem for 6 month . Alredy tried all the solution online and still black screen. and it work just fine before....
  5. windows mix reality

windows mix reality: my HP mix reality headset showing black screen. I got this problem for 6 month . Alredy tried all the solution online and still black screen. and it work just fine before....
  6. Windows Mixed Reality Left Controller not connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Left Controller not connecting.: My windows Mixed reality controller will not connect to my computer, it is no problem with Bluetooth as the right one DOES connect. I have reinstalled WMR Portal, updated my drivers, and unplugged and re-plugged everything. I can provide more info at request, and help...
  7. windows mixed reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mixed reality: Nvidia mx150 is supported for windows mixed reality but mx250 isn't why? need help at this.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mixed-reality/b69248fb-657c-4515-9425-2fb71d300996
  8. Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality: When I am playing in the Windows Mixed Reality portal it will just stop displaying in the headset and keep displaying on the PC. 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro with 32GB Ram. NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Video Card. Not sure what to do to fix this. My first thought is a video card with...
  9. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  10. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da