Windows 10: Windows Mobile 10 - unwanted and unnecessary updates

Discus and support Windows Mobile 10 - unwanted and unnecessary updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If Microsoft no longer supports Windows Mobile 10, at the least it should not sabotage it. Why do we receive "updates" to the phone, forcing a reboot?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AM66Lumia, Feb 4, 2021.

1. AM66Lumia Win User

Windows Mobile 10 - unwanted and unnecessary updates

If Microsoft no longer supports Windows Mobile 10, at the least it should not sabotage it. Why do we receive "updates" to the phone, forcing a reboot? The last one broke the HDR function of the camera. Basically it won't save Rich format files anymore, or pictures in burst mode. All of this since a few days ago when an update was pushed through.

:)

AM66Lumia, Feb 4, 2021

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Mobile 10 - unwanted and unnecessary updates - Similar Threads - Mobile unwanted unnecessary

2. Unnecessary Windows 10 Requirements

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unnecessary Windows 10 Requirements: I'm the only user of my machine, and frequently run into permissions requirements to open, or simply find file properties. In my case, at least, these things are time consuming nuisances, they contribute nothing to the safety of my setup and just waste time. I'm familiar...
  3. Windows 10 Unnecessary Files Deletion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Unnecessary Files Deletion: Hello guys, I am having a full installation of windows 10 that is 18Gb in size. I need to delete some unnecessary files of windows 10 so there will be more space for other purposes. Is there any lists of those unnecessary files to remove them? submitted by...
  4. Unwanted updates for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted updates for Win 10: For the last several days my system has mysteriously updated windows suddenly.. no warning.. and hundreds of files are missing. I need to block this. I have had to reconstruct critical documents four times. Can anyone advise?...
  5. windows 10 mobile update

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 mobile update: Hi, How can I manage data usage in update of windows phone?? I have always problem in my data usage. باربری https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mobile-update/aecebc94-3867-4666-bff7-ee058e632b61
  6. Unnecessary ads appear after Windows update

Unnecessary ads appear after Windows update: My problem occurred after Windows update. I was shocked to find a lot of ads and previously deleted apps reappeared on my machine, e.g. Netflix. Does Windows update come with adware?...
  7. Windows 10 Mobile Update

Windows 10 Mobile Update: i have Windows 10 version 10.0.14393.2551 on my Lumia540 so I have reset my phone after reset i not receive any updates. If I search for new updates I see nothing. Sincerely need help!!!!...
  8. Deleting an unnecessary UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting an unnecessary UPDATE: A tech operator deleted an update its been almost 7hrs so far says restoring registry and files how long could this take. A game I play won't play after loading that's why on remote session update was removed....
  9. Unwanted and failed updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unwanted and failed updates in Windows 10: Dear All, In my Windows update history, I can see a large number of entries of installation failed updates. This is for both windows and Office. It appears windows keeps downloading the upgrades again and again. Wasting a lot of data. I don't have many office...
  10. Unnecessary Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unnecessary Updates: How do you stop Windows 10 Updates from retrying to install an update for printer that is not needed? 15132