Windows 10: windows mobile hotspot does not work

Discus and support windows mobile hotspot does not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; recently after windows updated, i am not able to share wifi mobilehotspot from my computer to my phone. to specify, that it was working proprely before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by deniseshughni, Dec 4, 2018.

1. windows mobile hotspot does not work

recently after windows updated, i am not able to share wifi mobilehotspot from my computer to my phone. to specify, that it was working proprely before without any problem. i have tried reinstalling the drivers for network from devicemanager too.. but the issue is not solved.

the phone recives the hotspot signals but does not obtain the ip address.. thus wifi is not shared..

kindly please fix the issue as soon as possibel...

:)

deniseshughni, Dec 4, 2018
  2. lorraine walsh, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 4, 2018
  4. windows mobile hotspot does not work

Greg Carmack - MVP, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

windows mobile hotspot does not work

1. windows mobile hotspot does not work - Similar Threads - mobile hotspot does

2. Mobile Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot not working: Hello.My mobile hotspot stopped working, it stopped working about 2 weeks ago.In the settings, when I try to start it, it says “We cant set up mobile hotspot.”My specs:CPU: Intel Core i7 Q820 1.73GHzMemory RAM: 4 GBDisk: HDD 300 GBLaptop GPU: Nvidia Quadro FX 880MOS: Tiny10I...
  3. How does Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How does Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot work?: I'm using my computer for as a Wi-Fi router using Mobile Hotspot, but I want to know how it works. Is the Mobile Hotspot powered by my Comcast Wi-Fi router? Or am I getting some sort of free trail? I just turn on hotspot and the computer says "alright, here you go."...
  4. Windows 11 Mobile hotspot does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mobile hotspot does not work.: Hey there, I am on windows 11. when I was on windows 10 with the same hardware I had working mobile hotspot. I upgraded and now I dont. I have checked netsh I get hosted network not supported. I have been online and on the phone with MS Tier 1 and 2 and the end result ended...
  5. Windows 11 Mobile hotspot does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mobile hotspot does not work.: Hey there, I am on windows 11. when I was on windows 10 with the same hardware I had working mobile hotspot. I upgraded and now I dont. I have checked netsh I get hosted network not supported. I have been online and on the phone with MS Tier 1 and 2 and the end result ended...
  6. Mobile Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot not working: Hello! For some days now, my mobile hospot is not working! The connected devices are recognized from my laptop and the hotspot is recognized from my devices but it says internet is not available. Thus, I cannot share my internet connection via hotspot even though my laptop...
  7. Mobile hotspot is not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot is not working.: Split from this thread. hey i did not solve this problem. any other way. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-is-not-working/f423fe29-c8c8-4628-818d-0257718533ca
  8. mobile hotspot not working

mobile hotspot not working: Hi there, I am in university and we connect to the internet via ethernet and have to use mobile hotspot to provide WiFi to our cellphones. I have a Dell laptop and when I try and use my mobile hotspot, it just loads, never connects, and says there is no internet connection....
  9. mobile hotspot not working

mobile hotspot not working: my laptop mobile hotspot not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-not-working/660151fe-dac5-4858-9045-bc8666344ab6
  10. Mobile Hotspot not working

Mobile Hotspot not working: I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled. I remember turning Mobile Hotspot on before, and it worked perfectly. Now, when I try to turn it on, it ruins my Wifi driver. I can't connect to Wifi anymore, i tried reinstalling Wifi drivers, resetting the Wifi drivers......