Windows 10: Windows mobile hotspot feature wont share connection via ethernet

Discus and support Windows mobile hotspot feature wont share connection via ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720) Hello, this is my first post so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Firegon, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Firegon Win User

Windows mobile hotspot feature wont share connection via ethernet

Microsoft Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

Hello, this is my first post so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but as described in the title, I can not share my internet connection via ethernet from my windows 10 pc when using the windows mobile hotspot feature. The reason I want to share my internet connection from my pc via ethernet connection instead of through my wifi is that my computer is far from the router and I would like a stronger internet signal for my phone when I'm near my computer. However, when choosing where to share my internet connection from, ethernet is not an option, and the name of my wifi is my only option.

(Information that I am not sure is relevant)
    Additionally, I am able to connect my phone to my hotspot when choosing wifi, but at first I did have an issue where my phone could not obtain an IP address. I fixed this by going into network connections -> properties of wifi -> sharing -> and checked to allow other users to connect to my internet connection through Local Area Connection* 10. After doing this, my mobile hotspot worked and my phone could connect to my computer, albeit at a decent wifi speed. However, when attempting to do the same thing with my ethernet, for some reason my Local Area Connection* 10 does not appear, and the icon itself disappears from network connections when my wifi is turned off and when my computer is connected just through ethernet.

Anyways I'm not sure if anyone will read this, or even be able to help, but any tips or advice you have will be much appreciated! Also feel free to ask for more information/attatchments or email me.

:)

Firegon, Mar 29, 2020

2. Mobile Hotspot Problem "We can not set up a mobile hotspot."

hotspot connected but my Lumia 650 display no internet connection, how to solve

DBA Mathavan, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Mobile Hotspot Problem "We can not set up a mobile hotspot."

Hi,

As per the information, I suggest that you check if the settings for Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 is turned ON.

Turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular data connection. If your PC has a cellular data connection and you share it, it will use data
    from your data plan.
    • Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
    • For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share.
    • Select Edit > enter a new network name and password >
      Save.
    • Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.
    • To connect on the other device, go to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, find your network name, select it, enter the password, and then connect.

If the above is ON and you are still facing the issue, I suggest that you try turning your Bluetooth OFF and check if you are to utilize the Hotspot feature.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows mobile hotspot feature wont share connection via ethernet - Similar Threads - mobile hotspot feature

2. Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot: Hi Everyone,I encountered problem when I use my desktop to share internet connection via mobile hotspot. The office laptop connected to the mobile hotspot can access internet no problem i.e. browsing, outlook, whatsapp desktop. But the desktop won't able to use the internet...
  3. Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot: Hi Everyone,I encountered problem when I use my desktop to share internet connection via mobile hotspot. The office laptop connected to the mobile hotspot can access internet no problem i.e. browsing, outlook, whatsapp desktop. But the desktop won't able to use the internet...
  4. Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet is not being shared via Mobile Hotspot to another PC

Internet is not being shared via Mobile Hotspot to another PC: I have 2 PCs with OS windows 10. One has a connection to internet through Ethernet and the other does not. I have 2 Wifi-USB dongle devices. One of which is on Ethernet connected PCPC1 and the other one on the other PCPC2. When I share my internet through Mobile Hotspot on...
  6. Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter

Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter: Mobile hotspot shares connection only from one ethernet adapter so when i disconnect from internet through docking station and connect ethernet cable directly to my laptop, i have to go to settings of said ethernet adapter and manually allow internet sharing so my mobile...
  7. Devices wont connected to Mobile hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices wont connected to Mobile hotspot in Windows 10: My mobile hotspot is not working in windows 10. My internet is fine , but when my phone wants to connect to the hotspot it wont work eventhough it says that it is connected to the hotspot....
  8. Mobile hotspot sharing from

Mobile hotspot sharing from: How do i set this up in laptop. Under the sharing from box it dont have choice of cellular network even though the cell phone is in available Wi-Fi networks just wont connect 135229
  9. Mobile Hotspot Feature

Mobile Hotspot Feature: I am having a little bit of an issue with the mobile hotspot feature. Actually a list of different issues that come and go, but I'll stick with current. One thing I noticed while using the feature is that when a device went out of range of the hotspot the entire feature...
  10. mobile hotspot feature not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mobile hotspot feature not working: 3 days ago after a windows update, the hotspot of my laptop stopped working. can anyone help???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-feature-not-working/48537e3d-67b7-41d5-8421-e26a2bdd5476