Windows 10: Windows Modern Apps crash, can't install from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Windows Modern Apps crash, can't install from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have been having an issue with Modern Apps (i.e. Photos, Calculator, Weather, and the one that I am the most bothered by, Mixed Reality Portal).... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Nicholas Ver Voort, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Windows Modern Apps crash, can't install from Microsoft Store

I have been having an issue with Modern Apps (i.e. Photos, Calculator, Weather, and the one that I am the most bothered by, Mixed Reality Portal).

When I open them they immediately close, sometimes I see the window appear on the screen briefly but no error messages and no feedback about what is happening.

Additionally when I have tried to uninstall an app, I cannot reinstall it as my Microsoft Store gives me this error during the "Aquiring License" phase: 0x8004E103

Now I have done a lot of my own troubleshooting and reading other threads. let me recap what has not worked:

- wsreset.exe does not help

- sfc /scannow finds no problems

- Troubleshoot Windows Store Apps does not find any problems

- All of the relevant services are running and set to auto-run (BITS, Cryptography, Windows Update, Windows Installer Service, etc)

- Changing my sign in account to a local account does not help

- Creating a brand new local account on the PC exhibits the same problems as my account

- I have done a reinstall of Windows itself (although choosing to keep my programs and files)

I really really do not want to have to do a complete clean install of Windows, is there anything else I can try? I feel like I have found 1000 dead ends.

:)

Nicholas Ver Voort, Jan 19, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Jan 19, 2019
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 19, 2019
  4. NitroBAY Win User

Windows Modern Apps crash, can't install from Microsoft Store

Modern apps crash (including windows store)

Hey I'm the owner of a SB. Already a first time my start menu, doesnt appeared I lost a full day + one night to fix the bug, SFC /scannow didnt work neither health restore but I get it worked by this solutionhttp://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-...in-10-minutes/ (seemingly the bug always existed but Microsoft just leave it, like oftenly...). This worked but as I couldn't access to my installed modern apps except directly from the store (all modern apps diseapeared from all app lists and from search) I finaly restore to an prior restore point. This worked but I experienced the bug A SECOND but the method again but lose all access to modern apps so I try a restore point but the only available (seemingly the OS keep just 1 save ??) was even more buggy. So I tried few codes that we find on internet to reinstall all apps and that we put in powershell Heres the code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest*.xml"} like this. I also do nfc /scannow or something like that which didn't work even with restore health but who finaly worked after I use an modified ISO but without fix anything. But now I'm thinking that after 3 days of my life waste I don't find the solution my problem. I just can't launch the majority of modern apps and livetile doesn't work also, the majority show just only one color in their tiles with weird title as @{microsoft[etc...]}. On other accounts windows store show splash screen before crash and other moderns apps seems to work. I don't want to create a new account and, obviously, neither resetImgur
    *Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad
    Thanks if you read me

NitroBAY, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Modern Apps crash, can't install from Microsoft Store

1. Windows Modern Apps crash, can't install from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Modern Apps crash

2. Can't install app from microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install app from microsoft store.: I installed Asphalt 8 from ms store 3 days earlier. Everything was fine.But one day the game files became corrupted . So I uninstalled asphalt 8 from start menu but the app icon is still there. Then I try to again download it from ms store but after downloading it fails to...
  3. Can't install app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install app from microsoft store.: I installed Asphalt 8 from ms store 3 days earlier. Everything was fine.But one day the game files became corrupted . So I uninstalled asphalt 8 from start menu but the app icon is still there. Then I try to again download it from ms store but after downloading it fails to...
  4. Can't install app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install apps from Microsoft Store: Everytime i try downloading an app from the Microsoft Store it shows me something happened on our end i can't download any new appError Code is 0x800B010FI tried restarting my PC many times as well i tried Reseting the store but nothing worked any idea ?...
  6. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps from Microsoft Store: Everytime i try downloading an app from the Microsoft Store it shows me something happened on our end i can't download any new appError Code is 0x800B010FI tried restarting my PC many times as well i tried Reseting the store but nothing worked any idea ?...
  7. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

8. Can't install apps from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install apps from Microsoft store: I updated a few days ago and then installed a new/fresh copy of Windows 10(stupid I know). My laptop has win10 home version installed so basically I just reset my PC. I tried to install the messenger app on my desktop and it says: Something unexpected happened. Reporting...
  9. Can't install an app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install an app from Microsoft Store: Hello All, I am trying to install Smartthings app from Microsoft Store and all I see is "Wish list" button instead of downloads: [ATTACH] When I go to "System requirements" section I see: [ATTACH] And what I have is: [ATTACH] So, while writing this...
  10. Modern apps crash (including windows store)

Modern apps crash (including windows store): Hey I'm the owner of a SB. Already a first time my start menu, doesnt appeared I lost a full day + one night to fix the bug, SFC /scannow didnt work neither health restore but I get it worked by this solutionhttp://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-...in-10-minutes/ (seemingly the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install store app on windows phone after installing 2019-1 phone update

2. windows 10 modern apps crashing