Windows 10: Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report

Discus and support Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I've disabled on one of the laptops all possible sleep settings that it can be. Laptop still goes into sleep at a random times when lid is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ivan Mamkaitis, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report

Hi,I've disabled on one of the laptops all possible sleep settings that it can be. Laptop still goes into sleep at a random times when lid is closed.Sleep report shows ENTER REASON0x101 Transition To SleepWhat is that code or how to find out reason why laptop enters sleep.If you can see from the report. Usually after Screen Off state either it takes 0 either 5-6 minutes for laptop to go to sleep state.Some screenshots from Sleep study report attached. powercfg /q output attached. ########################## powercfg /q ###############################Power Scheme GUID: 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685

:)

Ivan Mamkaitis, Sep 17, 2021

2. 20H1 Sleepstudy report does not show modern standby

I have a few laptops that support modern/connected standby (S0 Low Power Idle) but after upgrading them to 20H1 (OS Build 19041) I realised that the sleepstudy report no longer shows connected standby but instead it shows sleep instead. I need the sleepstudy
    report to analyse the HW/SW DRIPS for the various components I’m using.

Can I ask whether is this a known issue or has anyone else been able to find a workaround for this issue whereby I’m able to analyse the sleepstudy report for modern standby on 20H1 platform?

Jia JunPoh, Sep 17, 2021
  3. hjoelr Win User
    Nvidia dGPU blocks modern standby on laptop

@gorgor, I finally had some time (and spare NVMe) to reinstall Windows 10 2004 on my XPS 9570. I installed Dell Command | Update application after installing Windows and used the option to reinstall all the drivers. After that I ran a regular check for updates in Dell Command | Update and it had about 6 more updates to install, at which point I did that.

In the mean time I found this article from Dell ( https://www.dell.com/support/article...havior?lang=en ) that outlines some settings to change and drivers to install in specific orders to improve the sleep. I did not install their Modern Standby Performance Improvement Package Application as they suggest since they say it only automates some of the instructions they give.

After all that, the first overnight sleep only used 7% battery with SW and HW in low power state 100% of the time!

Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report [​IMG]

One thing to note, the dell site says to change to Disconnected Standby but doesn't tell you how. Here are the commands I ran for that (taken from Enable or Disable Network Connectivity in Standby In Windows 10 ):

Disable while in standby on battery: powercfg /setdcvalueindex scheme_current sub_none F15576E8-98B7-4186-B944-EAFA664402D9 0

Disable while in standby plugged in: powercfg /setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_none F15576E8-98B7-4186-B944-EAFA664402D9 0

I have not tried performing these steps on my previous install. I did a full re-install because Microsoft specifically states that you cannot switch from S0 to S3 sleep without reinstalling the OS. I figured you probably couldn't go the other way around either.

I'd be curious if the steps outlined on the Dell page solves your issues. I don't have my hopes too far up as I feel like I've had similar results before but it eventually stopped sleeping so well and I had no idea why.

hjoelr, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report

Create Sleep Shortcut For Modern Standby PC

No.

You cannot create the ability to S3 sleep if your computer does not support S3 sleep. If that Registry hack to suppress S0 Modern standby gives you unfortunate side-effects*** then you cannot use S3 at all.*** With my only S0 Modern standby computer, I had network problems after using that hack so I also had to undo the change and live with the S0 Modern standby curse. I think S0 Modern standby was created for the sole purpose of upsetting users.
    The closest you are going to get is a hibernate shortcut
    Code:
    As you probably already know, you can run
    Code:
    to check which sleep states are supported on your computer.

Denis

Thema:

Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report

1. Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report - Similar Threads - Modern Standby Sleep

2. windows 11 modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  3. windows 11 modern standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  4. Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby): For my Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen (Win 10 20H2 Build 19042.928) I have had issues using hibernation. About 30% of the time, the WiFi device will not work when resuming from hibernation. The device will not even appear in device manager. A reboot is required to make it appear and...
  5. Create Sleep Shortcut For Modern Standby PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create Sleep Shortcut For Modern Standby PC: Greetings, I am wondering if anyone knows how to create a sleep shortcut for a PC on 20H2 in modern standby. The old S3 shortcut and variants do not work with modern standby. rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 etc I'm aware of the PlatformAoAcOverride key to...
  6. How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby: Windows 2004 removed the ability to use S3 instead of S0 low power idle. My pc dell g5 5590 has a primary nvme SSD os and a secondary sata HDD data configured to "raid on" on the bios ahci option is available. When it goes to sleep the HDD keeps spinning, which I don't like,...
  7. How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby

How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby: Windows 2004 removed the ability to use S3 instead of S0 low power idle. My pc dell g5 5590 has a primary nvme SSD os and a secondary sata HDD data configured to "raid on" on the bios acpi option is available. When it goes to sleep the HDD keeps spinning, which I don't like,...
  8. modern standby problems entering to sleep

modern standby problems entering to sleep: Laptop Dell XPS 7590 Windows 10 2004build. I press the power button, laptop starts going to sleep, then if i was lucky enough when i close the lid after some time laptop stops responding to ping. But in most cases laptop just not going to sleep at all. Then if i look to...
  9. 20H1 Sleepstudy report does not show modern standby

20H1 Sleepstudy report does not show modern standby: I have a few laptops that support modern/connected standby S0 Low Power Idle but after upgrading them to 20H1 OS Build 19041 I realised that the sleepstudy report no longer shows connected standby but instead it shows sleep instead. I need the sleepstudy report to analyse the...
  10. Laptop Blazing Hot But Sleep Report Says 7h of Modern Standby

Laptop Blazing Hot But Sleep Report Says 7h of Modern Standby: As per the headline, I arrived home to my Lenovo C940 rather hot to the touch more than warm... and the fans whirring like mad. I couldn't wake it up; I had to hold the power button to turn it off then on again. I produced a sleep report cmd powercfg /SleepStudy. The report...