Windows 10: Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

Discus and support Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CRGibson, Sep 7, 2018.

1. CRGibson Win User

Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How would this be happening?Is there a way to find out what the installer is trying to install (and why it runs every day)?

Thanks for any help*Smile

:)

CRGibson, Sep 7, 2018

2. auto restore point

Hi Bryan,

System Restore automatically creates a restore point before the following events:

• Application installation (provided the application utilizes an installer that is System Restore compliant). If the application install causes system problems, the user can restore the system to a state before the installation of the application.
    • AutoUpdate installation. AutoUpdate provides an easy way for users to download critical Windows updates. After the update is downloaded, the user can install the update on the system. If the user chooses to install the update, System Restore creates a restore
      point before the installation of the update begins.
    • System restore. For example, if a user accidentally chooses the wrong restore point, the user can undo the restore operation by choosing a restore point before the system restore took place. The user can then choose the correct restore point.

Hope the information helps.

Ronald San, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, *Smile

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Mcd73165 Win User

Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points

Hi. I've found a lot of Windows Module Installer entries when I check my SR points, sometimes on a daily basis. If no SR points were created a System Checkpoint will be created after 7 days after a previous SR point which is normal. If I Scan for affected programs nothing is shown (unless I installed or uninstalled a program prior to these restore points) Does anyone know what these Module Installer Updates are for or what's supposed to be updated?.
    I deleted all SR points and rebooted then created a restore point manually 2 days ago and so far no Windows Module Installer entries.
    Thanks, Mark

Mcd73165, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points - Similar Threads - Modules Installer listed

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. Windows Modules Installer, should I be seeing it as a restore point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Modules Installer, should I be seeing it as a restore point?: Hi May be a dumb question, but I've only just started paying more attention to this. I know in the past I've been frustrated by not having a very recent restore point because of bad computer practice when making a change which might affect the registry. I'm doing better. But...
  4. Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you try to revert your Windows 10 computer to the Windows Modules Installer created System Restore point and it fails, then this post […] This article Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  5. System Image Restore Points still appear in the listing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Restore Points still appear in the listing.: Over the past few years I have backed up and created restore points on a number of different disks. I want to make a clean start so I deleted all the backup and then created one new one. When I went to restore it all the no longer existent System Image Restore Points appeared...
  6. machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously

machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously: Hey all, Sorry if this is old news. I went back a ways and didn't find anything on it. Great running win 10 pro laptop. SFC passes, I don't use registry cleaners or anything like that. I create a restore point monthly. Starting in Aug I noticed that it creates them on its...
  7. Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points: Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How would this be happening?Is there a way to find out what the installer is trying to install (and why it runs every day)?...
  8. Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points

Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points: Hi. I've found a lot of Windows Module Installer entries when I check my SR points, sometimes on a daily basis. If no SR points were created a System Checkpoint will be created after 7 days after a previous SR point which is normal. If I Scan for affected programs nothing is...
  9. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  10. See List of All Available System Restore Points in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See List of All Available System Restore Points in Windows: How to: See List of All Available System Restore Points in Windows How to See List of All Available System Restore Points in Windows system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't...