Windows 10: Windows modules installer worker causing disk to go to 100 multiple times a day

Discus and support Windows modules installer worker causing disk to go to 100 multiple times a day in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been going on for about two weeks, this process shows up and disk shoots to 100. This happens even though the process itself usually only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LennoxMacduff94, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Windows modules installer worker causing disk to go to 100 multiple times a day

This has been going on for about two weeks, this process shows up and disk shoots to 100. This happens even though the process itself usually only shows a small percent of disk use. If I end the task the disk drops down right away.

Sometimes it runs for an hour or more, sometimes a few minutes. Sometimes it goes hours without running, sometimes it runs for an hour, stops then starts up again a few minutes later.

I've checked for updates and it shows none needing to install. I've left the computer running for hours hopeing it would finish whatever it's trying to do, but it keeps happening. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

submitted by /u/LennoxMacduff94
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LennoxMacduff94, Apr 10, 2020

2. Windows Modules Installer Worker slowing performance?

Can somebody give me some suggestions on the Windows Modules Installer Worker?

I noticed a slow down of the laptop performance (after the latest Windows Update). In looking at Task Manager, I saw that the Windows Modules Installer Worker was taking a lot of resources. I did a search and found out a bit about the (TiWorker.exe Windows
    Modules Installer Worker).

I downloaded and ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner, without results.

Anybody has had the same or similar issue?

Thanks

Franco, in Sydney, Australia, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Windows Modules Installer Worker - high CPU usage

Hi Gregory,

The Windows Modules Installer Worker is a background application that checks for new updates from the Windows server and install them in your computer. It's task takes high usage of CPU that causes load on the system especially when Windows Update is running.

We recommend that you check the following first:

• if your device is running the Scheduled Automatic Maintenance
    • if the Windows Update is running and installing
    You may check the resolution provided by TnTzzz on this thread.

Update us with the results.

Marie Ave, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Windows modules installer worker causing disk to go to 100 multiple times a day

How to fix high CPU usage by Windows Modules Installer Worker?

Hi Abhilash,

For us to isolate your concern with high CPU usage by Windows Modules Installer Worker, we would like to know the following:

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you checked in safe mode if it's the same?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows modules installer worker causing disk to go to 100 multiple times a day

1. Windows modules installer worker causing disk to go to 100 multiple times a day - Similar Threads - modules installer worker

2. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  3. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  4. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows Modules Installer Worker has been constantly running and draining resources with no updates needed and no way to stop the program. What could I do to prevent the resource drain or stop the program temporarily?...
  6. windows modules installer worker cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows modules installer worker cpu: Is How to Geek a good resource on this topic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-cpu/41f3d188-1d25-4a61-9a24-519a4a0c785d
  7. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows 10 running very slow . Windows Modules Installer Worker is using a lot of resource. Can I change its settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker/727d4264-9406-476c-8461-1bc5f17b46f2
  8. Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker": Hi, I'm trying to use Windows Defender as my defense solution because I'd like to use the Controlled Folders feature, but am having a few problems. System is on 1709 x64 16299.431. No other antivirus, firewall or anything of note running. First, the most annoying one:...
  9. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: I just noticed for the first time that my Windows 10 Task Manager is showing significant (~25-30%) CPU usage for the Windows Modules Installer Worker. The latest update I did was some Windows Defender updates this morning. I am running 14393.321. I did some research and...
  10. windows modules installer worker..what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows modules installer worker..what is it?: so, what is the windows module installer? what does it do? 65580

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows modules installer worker 100% disk