Windows 10: "Windows Modules Installer Worker" TiWorker.exe has been running for over three hours.

Discus and support "Windows Modules Installer Worker" TiWorker.exe has been running for over three hours. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; "Windows Modules Installer Worker" TiWorker.exe has been running for over three hours. it was apparently started by running sfc /scannow, which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Greg SD, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Greg SD Win User

"Windows Modules Installer Worker" TiWorker.exe has been running for over three hours.

"Windows Modules Installer Worker" TiWorker.exe has been running for over three hours.

it was apparently started by running sfc /scannow, which is hung up.

It is using 13% of my CPU but not performing any disk I/O as far as I can tell.
    In addition, these things I tried are also running but apparently hung up because of that:
    Windows Update Troubleshooter. It displays "Detecting Problems" and "checking for pending restart".
    Control Panel/Programs and Features/Installed Updates

What is going on and what can I do to fix it?

:)

Greg SD, Mar 6, 2021

2. Windows Modules Installer Worker slowing performance?

Can somebody give me some suggestions on the Windows Modules Installer Worker?

I noticed a slow down of the laptop performance (after the latest Windows Update). In looking at Task Manager, I saw that the Windows Modules Installer Worker was taking a lot of resources. I did a search and found out a bit about the (TiWorker.exe Windows
    Modules Installer Worker).

I downloaded and ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner, without results.

Anybody has had the same or similar issue?

Thanks

Franco, in Sydney, Australia, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Windows Modules Installer Worker - high CPU usage

Hi Gregory,

The Windows Modules Installer Worker is a background application that checks for new updates from the Windows server and install them in your computer. It's task takes high usage of CPU that causes load on the system especially when Windows Update is running.

We recommend that you check the following first:

• if your device is running the Scheduled Automatic Maintenance
    • if the Windows Update is running and installing
    You may check the resolution provided by TnTzzz on this thread.

Update us with the results.

Marie Ave, Mar 6, 2021
  4. MarkN_NW1 Win User

Windows Modules Installer Worker

Windows 10 running very slow . Windows Modules Installer Worker is using a lot of resource. Can I change its settings?

MarkN_NW1, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. "Windows Modules Installer Worker" TiWorker.exe has been running for over three hours. - Similar Threads - Modules Installer Worker

2. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  3. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  4. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows Modules Installer Worker has been constantly running and draining resources with no updates needed and no way to stop the program. What could I do to prevent the resource drain or stop the program temporarily?...
  6. windows modules installer worker cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows modules installer worker cpu: Is How to Geek a good resource on this topic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-cpu/41f3d188-1d25-4a61-9a24-519a4a0c785d
  7. System Restore has been running for over two hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore has been running for over two hours: I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?...
  8. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows 10 running very slow . Windows Modules Installer Worker is using a lot of resource. Can I change its settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker/727d4264-9406-476c-8461-1bc5f17b46f2
  9. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: I just noticed for the first time that my Windows 10 Task Manager is showing significant (~25-30%) CPU usage for the Windows Modules Installer Worker. The latest update I did was some Windows Defender updates this morning. I am running 14393.321. I did some research and...
  10. windows modules installer worker..what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows modules installer worker..what is it?: so, what is the windows module installer? what does it do? 65580