Windows 10: Windows Modules Installer Worker

Discus and support Windows Modules Installer Worker in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Modules Installer Worker has been constantly running and draining resources with no updates needed and no way to stop the program. What could I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hokopoko, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Hokopoko Win User

Windows Modules Installer Worker

Windows Modules Installer Worker has been constantly running and draining resources with no updates needed and no way to stop the program. What could I do to prevent the resource drain or stop the program temporarily?

:)

Hokopoko, Jun 9, 2021

2. Windows Modules Installer Worker slowing performance?

Can somebody give me some suggestions on the Windows Modules Installer Worker?

I noticed a slow down of the laptop performance (after the latest Windows Update). In looking at Task Manager, I saw that the Windows Modules Installer Worker was taking a lot of resources. I did a search and found out a bit about the (TiWorker.exe Windows
    Modules Installer Worker).

I downloaded and ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner, without results.

Anybody has had the same or similar issue?

Thanks

Franco, in Sydney, Australia, Jun 9, 2021
  3. bill17TB Win User
    windows modules installer worker

how do I turn off windows modules installer worker

bill17TB, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Windows Modules Installer Worker

Windows Module installer worker  with high cpu

Hi Kelly,

On a Windows 10 PC, the CPU fan sometimes runs very fast and makes noise because of Windows Module Installer Worker occupies more than 50% of the CPU.

Let us isolate the issue by changing Windows update to manual mode. Follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc.
    • Search for Windows Modules Installer.
    • Double click the Windows Module Installer.
    • Change the Startup type to Manual.
    • Go to Settings and select Update &
      security.
    • Click on Windows Update.
    • Click on Advanced options and change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart.
    • Reboot your PC.

Please do get back to us for further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Modules Installer Worker

1. Windows Modules Installer Worker - Similar Threads - Modules Installer Worker

2. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  3. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  4. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WINDOWS MODULES INSTALLER WORKER 2 PROCESSES

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS MODULES INSTALLER WORKER 2 PROCESSES: I CANT EVEN END THESE TWO TASKS AND THEY WERE RUNNING FOR LIKE 2 HOURS STRAIGHT I NEED A EXPLANATION NOW AND I NEED TO DISABLE THESE NOWWWW. I TRIED ENDING PORCESS TREE THEN ALSO IT SAYS ACESS DENIED I WANT TO DISABLE THIS...
  6. windows modules installer worker cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows modules installer worker cpu: Is How to Geek a good resource on this topic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-cpu/41f3d188-1d25-4a61-9a24-519a4a0c785d
  7. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows 10 running very slow . Windows Modules Installer Worker is using a lot of resource. Can I change its settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker/727d4264-9406-476c-8461-1bc5f17b46f2
  8. Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker": Hi, I'm trying to use Windows Defender as my defense solution because I'd like to use the Controlled Folders feature, but am having a few problems. System is on 1709 x64 16299.431. No other antivirus, firewall or anything of note running. First, the most annoying one:...
  9. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: I just noticed for the first time that my Windows 10 Task Manager is showing significant (~25-30%) CPU usage for the Windows Modules Installer Worker. The latest update I did was some Windows Defender updates this morning. I am running 14393.321. I did some research and...
  10. windows modules installer worker..what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows modules installer worker..what is it?: so, what is the windows module installer? what does it do? 65580