Windows 10: Windows monitors and BROADCASTS game activity without consent or relevant apps installed...

Discus and support Windows monitors and BROADCASTS game activity without consent or relevant apps installed... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I was at home, playing Minecraft by myself, in an offline single player game. I hadn't launched it through any service-- Steam, or Origin, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/figrin1, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Windows monitors and BROADCASTS game activity without consent or relevant apps installed...

Yesterday I was at home, playing Minecraft by myself, in an offline single player game. I hadn't launched it through any service-- Steam, or Origin, or anything--just Minecraft on Java. Yet on my friend's Xbox it showed me online, playing the game.

This bothers me.

Especially because I don't have the Xbox app installed in Windows, and every option I've found related to "Xbox Game Bar" is switched off. I did some research and it looks like there's a service in the registry called xbgm that is usually responsible for this "Xbox Game Monitoring" (as outlined here), but I don't have the relevant entry in my registry.

Can anyone give me some advice on this? How do I stop my PC from reporting my gaming activity to people on Xbox when I'm not signed into anything Xbox related whatsoever?

Cheers, and thanks for your help.

submitted by /u/figrin1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/figrin1, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

windows broadcasting

Hi ToddBrooks,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• How are you broadcasting?
    • Are you receiving any error code along with the error message?
    • Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

You can check if the Broadcast option is enabled under Settings. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Gaming > Click on
      Game bar.
    3. In the right pane, turn on the slider under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar”.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on ‘Why
    can't I broadcast my game?
    andplease provide a screenshot of the window, so that we can have a better understanding on this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

If you need further assistance, please respond to the above questions, so that we can narrow down the issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't broadcast via the game bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you receiving any error message or error code?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?

I understand that it can get difficult if the applications are not working as expected. I suggest you to follow this article

Why can't I broadcast my game?
    , and
    Broadcast your game with Mixer on Windows 10
    , I also recommend you to refer this article

Fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10
    , check if that work.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Windows monitors and BROADCASTS game activity without consent or relevant apps installed...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows monitors and BROADCASTS game activity without consent or relevant apps installed...

1. Windows monitors and BROADCASTS game activity without consent or relevant apps installed... - Similar Threads - monitors BROADCASTS game

2. Micrsoft App Store Installed Tiktok without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micrsoft App Store Installed Tiktok without consent: Today I was using my laptop when I suddenly got the notification on the sidebar that the Tiktok App from the microsoft store had been successfully installed. This is highly concerning to me as I have never used the tiktok app, have not opened the store in this session and...
  3. Micrsoft App Store Installed Tiktok without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Micrsoft App Store Installed Tiktok without consent: Today I was using my laptop when I suddenly got the notification on the sidebar that the Tiktok App from the microsoft store had been successfully installed. This is highly concerning to me as I have never used the tiktok app, have not opened the store in this session and...
  4. laptop tapped or monitored without my consent

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    laptop tapped or monitored without my consent: Hi, I would like to know how can I find whether my personal laptop has been hacked and monitored or possibly copied files from whilst working in the office. I work as a contractor and use my own laptop when working. How can I find if the laptop had been cloned using the...
  5. Windows Updates Without Prompt or Consent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Without Prompt or Consent: This is extremely frustrating. I'm playing my games and windows will forcefully restart without my consent and do an update. How the **** do I fix this? How is this even aloud?...
  6. Game Bar broadcasting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar broadcasting?: I'm trying to broadcast a game so a friend, on xbox who I'm in a party with, can see it. I'm not seeing a broadcast button anywhere, and I have the setting for recording and captures on. I can record easily, just not broadcast. I turned my xbox off just in case it was...
  7. Without my consent.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...
  8. game dvr broadcast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game dvr broadcast: this pops up each boot, can't find where it is even with winpatrol telling me where it is, i have winpatrol stop it but it is getting annoying, seems to be a microsoft something, don't know why it has started, how can it be deleted or stopped, i am thinking i can let it start...
  9. game dvr broadcast

in Windows 10 Support
    game dvr broadcast: this pops up each boot, can't find where it is even with winpatrol telling me where it is, i have winpatrol stop it but it is getting annoying, seems to be a microsoft something, don't know why it has started, how can it be deleted or stopped, i am thinking i can let it start...
  10. Fresh install - windows is installing stuff without my consent ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh install - windows is installing stuff without my consent ?: Hey Frustrating. Installed windows + anti virus and from nowhere a pop up window showed up to install Razer Synapse. How why is windows installing stuff without my approval? Where can I disable that invasive functionality? I pretty much want to disable any/all automatic...