Windows 10: Windows move and resize after sleep on duel monitor set up - Windows 10

Discus and support Windows move and resize after sleep on duel monitor set up - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two monitors set up with my Windows 10 machine. I recently upgraded my video card to Radeon RX 470. All the firmware is up to date. Whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bo Duke, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Bo Duke Win User

Windows move and resize after sleep on duel monitor set up - Windows 10

I have two monitors set up with my Windows 10 machine. I recently upgraded my video card to Radeon RX 470. All the firmware is up to date. Whenever the monitors turn off or go to sleep all the windows on the left monitor move to the right monitor. I have to move and resize the windows several times a day. At first I thought it was whenever the computer went to sleep but I changed my power settings to not go to sleep. The monitors still turn off after a while. I can change them to not go to sleep during the day, but I would still have to move the windows back to where I want them when I get t****atest updates. I am using 2 LG Ultra HD monitors, one through a display port and one through HDMI. When I was on the previous video card, I didn't have this issue, but I can't figure out how to make it stop, and I don't think anything else was different. Please help. Thanks.

:)

Bo Duke, Jan 15, 2020

2. duel monitors

I upgraded to windows 10 and not my duel monitors do not work? do I have to reinstall a driver?

LeonardLong, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Canzara Win User

Keeps resizing after sleep

Hopefully I can explain this properly.
    I'm having an issue with video. Ever since i upgraded to a gtx 660 ti when returning from sleep the resolution seems to change.
    I keep having to "resize" the desktop slightly.
    Its fine returning from games, or anything else seems to be fine...but everytime my monitor goes into sleep and I wake it, the screen is wrong. Either it will have black bars all the way around the screen, or it will be too large for the screen.
    Its easily fixed using the resize button in the nvidia control panel, but its getting old.

The system was freshly formatted when I upgraded.
    I've tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing using the latest versions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Canzara, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows move and resize after sleep on duel monitor set up - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - move resize sleep

2. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  3. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  4. Windows resize windows/rainmeter skins after monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows resize windows/rainmeter skins after monitor sleep: [ATTACH] Hello guys, I have this problem for a long time, everytime i turn off my monitor or it go sleep cause timer (windows settings), when i comeback to my pc, some open windows are total resized and out of positions and rainmeter skins changes position too. 1...
  5. DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving

DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving: I built a new setup using a 38" LG ultrawide and a 27" LG in portrait both connected with DisplayPort to a RTX 3070 FE. Every time the monitors turn off or the PC goes into sleep, when waking my windows resize and move monitors. I've tried every "fix" I can find online and...
  6. Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer to sleep with the Sleep button on my Microsoft keyboard, when I wake it up again, the windows are moved & shrunk to half the length of the screen. How can I prevent this?...
  7. Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep

Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep: I have dual monitors and every time they wake from sleep, the windows that are open in the second monitor are resized and moved to the primary monitor. This is incredibly frustrating because it disrupts my workflow and I have to rearrange my windows every single time I wake...
  8. Windows move and resize after sleep on duel monitor set up - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows move and resize after sleep on duel monitor set up - Windows 10: I have a duel monitor set up on my Windows 10 machine. When the monitors go to sleep the windows move from the right monitor to the left. I recently installed a new video card, Radeon RX 470. The drivers are up to date. This issue didn't happen on my old video card. I...
  9. Open windows move and resize after sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open windows move and resize after sleep: I have a six month of Dell Vostro which came installed with Windows 10 Pro. Every time my computer sleeps when it wakes all open windows have shifted position and/or resized....
  10. Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown: New desktop computer, so had to go with Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, and I hate 10 more every day. Every time the computer goes to sleep or is shut down, my windows are all re-sized and moved to the top left corner of the screen. This is indescribably...