Windows 10: Windows move from hard drive to SSD

Discus and support Windows move from hard drive to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently bought a computer preowned and it has a hard drive and an SSD. When I turned the computer on and set up windows I realised that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MirageTPX, Oct 9, 2020.

1. MirageTPX Win User

Windows move from hard drive to SSD

Hi, I just recently bought a computer preowned and it has a hard drive and an SSD. When I turned the computer on and set up windows I realised that windows was installed on the hard drive and not on the SSD. Is there anyway to move windows to my SSD?

I don't have anything important downloaded at the moment so creating backups isn't necessary.

:)

MirageTPX, Oct 9, 2020
  2. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Oct 9, 2020
  3. little cat, Oct 9, 2020
  4. crownele Win User

Hard drives listed as SSD drives

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro.

Have 2 Hard drives in Raid 1 set up.

Win 10 lists these drives as SSD drives in System Properties.

How do I change the listing of these drives to HD so I can optimize them?

crownele, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows move from hard drive to SSD - Similar Threads - move hard drive

2. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  3. Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move C Drive to SSD from hard drive: 21H1 Built 19043.1110 I have a Dell Inspiron 3580 that comes with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba hard drive. After trying to install a duel boot with Win 10 Pro and Linux I see in Disk Management that Windows (C:) is on the 1 TB drive. I can only boot into Win 10 and every...
  4. Hard drive move

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive move: Haven't seen this question yet. I have an Intel NUC-7. A lightning strike killed this computer and every electronic device in my office. I desire to replace the NUC-7 with a NUC-10 barebones. The 500GB SSD, spinning 2TB HD and the 32GB RAM may have survived. I can move these...
  5. Moving hard drive

Moving hard drive: I have a windows 10 computer that is having mother board problem and another similar computer that the hard drive crashed. can I switch the good hard drive to the other computer...
  6. Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD

Moving Windows 10 Home version from Hard Disk Drive to SSD: Hi, I have genuine Windows 10 Home version which is currently installed on my Hard Disk Drive. Now I want to upgrade my Hard Disk Drive with SSD. I heard that if I set up my SSD and remove the HDD then I will lost my windows 10 version. Is that right? if yes, is there any...
  7. Moving windows 10 from mech hard drive to SSD

Moving windows 10 from mech hard drive to SSD: My old hard drive is on its last legs so i got a new SSD. Can i install windows 10 and activate it with the same licence that is on my old mechanical one. Or do I have to purchase a new key? Also I dont have my old activation key Thanks in advance...
  8. Moving windows from a hard drive to a solid state drive

Moving windows from a hard drive to a solid state drive: i have windows 10 installed on my 1tb western digital blue hdd right now it. My computer came with windows 10 pre installed and id like to move it from the hard drive it originally came on to a solid state drive i bought recently but from what ive gathered on apparently for...
  9. hard drive move

hard drive move: I have ask this before and have conflicting reply I have an old working comp gateway gt 5014 pent d 2.80 win 10 with 4 gig ram I woulld like to remove hdrive and put into a hp hpe210f amd phenom ii 945 quad 8 gig of ram not sure if this box was upgrades had win7 but...
  10. Problem moving Documents Folder to hard drive from SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem moving Documents Folder to hard drive from SSD: My SSD is filling up (it's 256gb) and so I decided to move the documents folder to the D: harddrive. I changed the location under Quick Access to D:\Documents. The system created the directory and moved the files. However, before the move there were 54gb of files and 2840...