Windows 10: Windows Movie Maker video problems....

Discus and support Windows Movie Maker video problems.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Offline Installer link you posted on Windows Essentials 2012 will reach end of support on January 10th 2017 , post #7 does not work. It says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arcadian, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Bree New Member

Windows Movie Maker video problems....

That is correct. Those links in post #7 were direct links to Microsoft, who removed the download files from their server on the 21 March. The archived version of the page in the Internet Archive Wayback machine does however work, it downloads an archived copy of the offline installer from the Internet Archive, not from Microsoft (and yes, I've checked and downloaded it today).
    https://web.archive.org/web/20161119...-download-now/

2. mrgeek Win User

I posted this in another thread that I can't find but since this one has Windows Movie Maker in the title, it may make it easier to find in future. Orig Live Essentials exe in a zip file on my Onedrive here -

WinLiveEss2012-setup-all.rar

mrgeek, Dec 4, 2017
  3. RadCazz Win User
    Hey guys,
    I downloaded three installers. Which should I try?

Windows Movie Maker video problems.... [​IMG]

They each have differing file sizes, so I'm assuming each one is different in a way?

And, thanks everyone for the useful posts! I was using Movie Maker in Sandbox Virtualization, but I would rather run it on my Win 10 OS.
    I am using Movie Maker to create highlights of my nephew's lacrosse games. It is easy enough to use, but I gotta take a look at the other proggys suggested!

Thanks again. Windows Movie Maker video problems.... :)

RadCazz, Dec 4, 2017
  4. davidhk Win User

I wonder if I can do that.
    I had it uploaded to Onedrive. I just do not know how to download or "share" in this forum.......

wlsetup-all.exe

See if my link will work.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2017
  5. davidhk Win User
    Apparently, my link also works.
    So, now I know how to use the Share option.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    The first two are compressed archives containing an offline installer .exe, so they'd be expected to be a bit smaller. The third one appears to be the offline installer itself. Right-click on it and look at its properties. For comparison, these are the Properties of the last official wlsetup-all.exe as downloaded from Microsoft before they removed it from their servers.

7. RadCazz Win User
    How did you get the Share option to work? I might need it in the future. I was initially fearful of using Onedrive for privacy reasons.

RadCazz, Dec 5, 2017
  8. mrgeek Win User

"How did you get the Share option to work? I might need it in the future. I was initially fearful of using Onedrive for privacy reasons."

Easy, peasey. Just r-click the file (or entire folder) that you want to share and click Share. in the window that opens check/in-check 'Allow editing' and Copy the file sharing link to your clipboard or email to someone, if desired.
    I use this Onedrive feature to share piles of photos and videos to followers.

mrgeek, Dec 5, 2017
  9. davidhk Win User
    Just like mrgeek said.......

Right click at the file in question > click Share > click Copy .

Paste to the media you want to post the link.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Movie Maker video problems.... - Similar Threads - Movie Maker video

2. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  3. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  4. Windows Live Movie Maker - Import Video Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Live Movie Maker - Import Video Problem: Windows Live Movie Maker keeps telling me an Import Video is already started and that I cannot start a new one until the old one is stopped. I do not have any other Import Video underway. How can I correct this so that I can proceed to import video from my camcorder to my...
  5. Windows Live Movie Maker - Import Video Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Movie Maker - Import Video Problem: Windows Live Movie Maker keeps telling me an Import Video is already started and that I cannot start a new one until the old one is stopped. I do not have any other Import Video underway. How can I correct this so that I can proceed to import video from my camcorder to my...
  6. Windows Live Movie Maker - Import Video Problem

7. Movie Maker:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Movie Maker:: For some reason all my pictures are showing up in a screwed up style where half the picture is vertical and the other half is horizontal. I don't know how I managed to do this. I don't make movies, just take pictures and can't figure out how to get rid of Movie Maker and get...
  8. Editing a video in movie maker

Editing a video in movie maker: Hi, I am trying to trim a video in the movie maker app, but when I cut the video to where I want and save it, it just saves the whole video again. How can I cut the video into the section I want and save only that portion and delete the rest?...
  9. Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker)

Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker): Whenever I go to open an mp4 file onto the video editor, it pops up with the following message: 'These files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them: Frappe.mov - Copy.mp4.' If someone could assist me on how to fix this problem, that'd be great!...
  10. Video Update Driver for Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Update Driver for Movie Maker: I am using Movie Maker and it is running slow. The message that I am getting is to install a driver card or update one. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-update-driver-for-movie-maker/3d5e009c-0ff7-475c-aba4-26317c93a441