Windows 10: Windows Movie Maker

Discus and support Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me access my movie maker files! When I got my new laptop with Windows 10, I realised that Movie Maker is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnaisDennerRoure, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Windows Movie Maker

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me access my movie maker files! When I got my new laptop with Windows 10, I realised that Movie Maker is no longer available for download. On my old laptop, I had a lot of movies I had made but not yet finalised and I put them on an external hard drive before getting rid of the old laptop. I can access all files that I finalised, but there are so many I didn't finalise that I can't open, and I don't know anyone who still has movie maker downloaded on their laptop. I've tried opening them as a media player file and I've scoured the internet but no luck - is there any way I can open them and finalise my videos, or even view them? Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks.

:)

AnaisDennerRoure, Sep 4, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Windows Movie Maker

windows movie maker

Hi,

We highly suggest you to repair your Movie maker.

Refer to the below steps to repair Movie Maker.

1. Click the Start menu.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Click Programs.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Search for Windows Essentials on the list and then select it.

6. Click Uninstall/Change.

7. Click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Movie Maker

1. Windows Movie Maker - Similar Threads - Movie Maker

2. Anybody know where I can download 3d movie maker for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anybody know where I can download 3d movie maker for windows 10?: I really want to try out 3d movie maker but I can't find a working download anywhere. I have checked many places, Softonic, CNET, Sourcefourge, even Archive.org. Any one know where I can download it?...
  3. is there any way to get windows movie maker 6.0 on windows 10 currently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there any way to get windows movie maker 6.0 on windows 10 currently?: found a site with an installer, clicked a few times and no installer or download showed up. submitted by /u/ElShaneo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mig8uj/is_there_any_way_to_get_windows_movie_maker_60_on/
  4. movie maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    movie maker: how do i pull up movie maker to import a movie from external source * Moved from Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/973c0358-49ea-48eb-8179-2121ed75de21
  5. Running 3D Movie Maker [Legacy Software] on windows 10 in 1920x1080

Running 3D Movie Maker [Legacy Software] on windows 10 in 1920x1080: I am trying to find a way to force a specific resolution on Windows 3D Movie Maker. I have nailed down the compatibility settings and patches to get it to run without issues on windows 10, but I get annoyed when my resolution has to change to run it in fullscreen. Is there...
  6. Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Movie Maker: I am trying to add video clips to a Movie Maker project. When I open the folder containing the clips, I get a message 'No items match your search'. What is wrong here? This is a new computer, I never had this issue with my old one....
  7. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: What are the steps to burn the movie file .wimp to a blank DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/47bbe888-4c13-40b4-bfbd-2906d15dc158
  8. Where is Movie Maker Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is Movie Maker Pro?: I purchased Movie Maker Pro and have a confirmation number, but cannot find where to download the software from. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-movie-maker-pro/37a8684b-aaf5-4fa4-89b0-93599719ec0b
  9. Can I Get Windows Movie Maker/Windows Essentials Now? On Latest Version win10?

Can I Get Windows Movie Maker/Windows Essentials Now? On Latest Version win10?: Well I got the whole question on the subject line so it needs no more. Anecdotal: I always used to have movie maker but the periodic crashing and losing of system and reinstalls and rebuilds that I've had to do always leave something out. I find today that's one of the...
  10. windows Movie Maker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows Movie Maker: I installed Windows Moviemaker 10 onto my lap top. I think it came from the Microsoft store ?before I could save the video it asked for payment . also had ads on the page . When I checked it out I learnt that Windows MM had been discontinued in 2017. my question is : Is...