Windows 10: Windows Movie Maker

Discus and support Windows Movie Maker in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. I just found out that Windows Movie Maker is no longer available. Will Microsoft issue a new... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SusanVashon, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Windows Movie Maker

I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. I just found out that Windows Movie Maker is no longer available.

Will Microsoft issue a new version that will work with Window 10?

I burn DVD's with Music and I do not want to download third party software for fear of viruses or malware.

Can you tell me when a version of Windows Movie Maker will be available for Windows 10.

:)

SusanVashon, Dec 3, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Windows Movie Maker

windows movie maker

Hi,

We highly suggest you to repair your Movie maker.

Refer to the below steps to repair Movie Maker.

1. Click the Start menu.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Click Programs.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Search for Windows Essentials on the list and then select it.

6. Click Uninstall/Change.

7. Click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows Movie Maker

1. Windows Movie Maker - Similar Threads - Movie Maker

2. Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Movie Maker: I bought a HP laptop two years ago and it had Windows Movie Maker preinstalled. I loved this app and used it a lot. Now I have a new laptop and I cant find Windows Movie Maker. I have down loaded windows Essentials and it runs set up and allows me to choose Windows Movie...
  3. Windows 10 Movie maker keeps crashing when uploading MP4 - try working in .wmv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Movie maker keeps crashing when uploading MP4 - try working in .wmv: If you have problems uploading MP4 files leading to it crashing. Or editing them if you manage to upload try converting them to .wmv or .avi files using Any Video Converter. Edit whatever you want in those formats - save it then use AVC to convert the finished work back to...
  4. Movie maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Movie maker: sometime back an upgrade to my Win10 wiped out Movie Maker. Decided to download a version since I use the app quite a bit and feel comfortable with it. Was wondering if I permit Microsoft to do updates to my OS, will Movie Maker be hijacked again? At present i do not allow...
  5. I can't be the only person who finds the Movie Maker that we get to through the photos app,...

I can't be the only person who finds the Movie Maker that we get to through the photos app,...: Microsoft keeps saying that they're notifying their top advisors, but none of them are stopping to help me. :) I need help with my Movie Maker that I get to through the photos app. It's not really saving the program, and when it does, I can't find where it's saving it....
  6. Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor: I understand Microsoft has stopped supporting Movie Maker. However, I have continued using it and it still satisfies my video edit needs to create videos. I do feel continue using Movie Maker without Microsoft support may come back to haunt me. I just heard there is a...
  7. Windows Movie Maker...I loved it but no longer available.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Movie Maker...I loved it but no longer available.: In the past I have made several videos using my personal photos and music. I always used windows Movie Maker and it was free but it is no longer available. (Very disappointing Microsoft!) Can someone recommend a free, easy to use program that lets me use my own music to...
  8. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: I have made and burnt a DVD of our latest holiday photos, plus music, using Movie Maker Windows 10, for the first time. Although it plays on my desk top where I burnt it, it won't play on our television using our HDD/DVD Panasonic player or my portable DVD player. It also...
  9. Movie Maker crashed, says it has 116 files in the latest saved version . . .

Movie Maker crashed, says it has 116 files in the latest saved version . . .: . . . but when I open it, the only file showing is the first picture, then nothing. Is there anyway to restore the other 115 files (in which I had combined video, sound, and jpeg files) so that I don't have to do all that work I had done getting it all looking the way I...
  10. HD Movie Maker Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HD Movie Maker Pro: I have been unable to get the software to work on my computer. Since there was no way for me to tell if it would work or not without trying it first, I want a refund. The developer has essentially ghosted me with any support questions. This is terrible and you really...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows movie maker build 1903