Windows 10: Windows Movie Maker

Discus and support Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a HP laptop two years ago and it had Windows Movie Maker preinstalled. I loved this app and used it a lot. Now I have a new laptop and I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by simonwicker, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Windows Movie Maker

I bought a HP laptop two years ago and it had Windows Movie Maker preinstalled. I loved this app and used it a lot.

Now I have a new laptop and I cant find Windows Movie Maker. I have down loaded windows Essentials and it runs set up and allows me to choose Windows Movie Maker, but keeps giving me an error code and then stops. How can I get it to run.

Thanks

Simon Wicker

:)

simonwicker, Sep 22, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Windows Movie Maker

windows movie maker

Hi,

We highly suggest you to repair your Movie maker.

Refer to the below steps to repair Movie Maker.

1. Click the Start menu.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Click Programs.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Search for Windows Essentials on the list and then select it.

6. Click Uninstall/Change.

7. Click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows Movie Maker

1. Windows Movie Maker - Similar Threads - Movie Maker

2. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  3. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  4. Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?: I purchased Movie Maker Video Editor Pro on March 4. The device it is currently loaded on has problems so I am going to be using a different device for this project.Is there a way to download the software again so I can load it to the new device?...
  5. Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?

Can Move Movie Maker Video Editor Pro from one device to another?: I purchased Movie Maker Video Editor Pro on March 4. The device it is currently loaded on has problems so I am going to be using a different device for this project.Is there a way to download the software again so I can load it to the new device?...
  6. does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?: yeah asking this question because i dont want to destroy my windows 10 operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-an-non-cd-3d-movie-maker-work-on-windows-10/8c4d1c12-66a5-4fec-9681-57403151f125
  7. does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?

does an non cd 3d movie maker work on windows 10?: yeah asking this question because i dont want to destroy my windows 10 operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-an-non-cd-3d-movie-maker-work-on-windows-10/8c4d1c12-66a5-4fec-9681-57403151f125
  8. I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....: I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it. But right now, it's not letting me add a music track to the video clips that I have edited together. At first it was closing down each time I tried it. I finally tricked it with a...
  9. I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....

I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it....: I am using Windows 11 with Movie Maker. I've used MM for years and know how to operate it. But right now, it's not letting me add a music track to the video clips that I have edited together. At first it was closing down each time I tried it. I finally tricked it with a...
  10. Windows 11 - Movie Maker no longer showing MOV images but Media Player Does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Movie Maker no longer showing MOV images but Media Player Does: Hello - I have been using Windows Movie Maker on my Windows 10 now upgraded to 11 laptop for the past few years. I have had the appropriate CODECs loaded and able to use MP4, MOV, etc files with both Media Player and Movie Maker. In mid-Nov, there appears to have been an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows movie maker