Windows 10: Windows Movie maker2.6

Discus and support Windows Movie maker2.6 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Movie maker program changes an imported WMV file from portrait to landscape aspect ratio rendering the image useless. How can this be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RDuff257, Feb 23, 2021.

1. RDuff257 Win User

Windows Movie maker2.6

Windows Movie maker program changes an imported WMV file from portrait to landscape aspect ratio rendering the image useless. How can this be prevented so the imported video maintains the portrait aspect ratio?

Thanks for your help.

:)

RDuff257, Feb 23, 2021

2. windows movie maker

Hi,

We highly suggest you to repair your Movie maker.

Refer to the below steps to repair Movie Maker.

1. Click the Start menu.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Click Programs.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Search for Windows Essentials on the list and then select it.

6. Click Uninstall/Change.

7. Click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Feb 23, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Movie maker2.6

Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows Movie maker2.6

1. Windows Movie maker2.6 - Similar Threads - Movie maker2

2. Windows Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Movie Maker: I am trying to add video clips to a Movie Maker project. When I open the folder containing the clips, I get a message 'No items match your search'. What is wrong here? This is a new computer, I never had this issue with my old one....
  3. I have corrupted the app "Movies and TV"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have corrupted the app "Movies and TV": Hi, I'm Cesare and I type from Bologna (Italy) I have a PC with the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview - Build 21322.rs_prerelease.210220-1651 version installed. I got a bit confused with the "Movies and TV" app, as I was trying to install the HEVC or H.265 Codec, to see some...
  4. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: What are the steps to burn the movie file .wimp to a blank DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/47bbe888-4c13-40b4-bfbd-2906d15dc158
  5. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location: I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot tell when I play it if I am watching the download or the online version of the movie. this concerns me because on both...
  6. dragged a movie mp4 onto the video editor. Now the movie's import icon is stuck on the...

dragged a movie mp4 onto the video editor. Now the movie's import icon is stuck on the...: I tried to edit a movie. So I added it to Microsoft's Video Editor. I didn't think it was working because it took a long time. So then I tried it again. Same problem. But now I have the copy/drag icon of the movie and it just sits on the screen. I can't figure out how to...
  7. Need to Hide Explore /Purchased tab in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 Enterprise

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need to Hide Explore /Purchased tab in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 Enterprise: Hi, I would like to get settings to make Explore / Purchased tab in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 Enterprise hide, users should be able to see only Personal tab on Movies & TV App. I could not find any settings for this anywhere. Kindly help on this. [ATTACH]...
  8. Computer shut down twice while playing a video game and watching a movie.

Computer shut down twice while playing a video game and watching a movie.: I have an i9-9900KF ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO XI G. SKILL 32GB 4000HMZ Ram Asus Dual 3070 While playing call of duty on one monitor and watching a movie on another monitor the computer completely restarted by its self this is one of the errors i could find. The drivers are...
  9. Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...: I can get my videos to play on other video players, but I need them to be working in the Movies & TV app because the software that I work with for video editing reads them from that app & now non of my project files can open the videos and I cannot do any of my work on my...
  10. MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player

MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player: So, I was used to being able to use free dvd players.. for many years, although I very seldom put a dvd movie into a usb dvd drive. I decided I wanted to watch a movie had had that was sold on dvd from maybe 15 years ago, and have a couple decent but older usb dvd burners,...