Windows 10: Windows moving destop icon.

Discus and support Windows moving destop icon. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I created a new folder on the desktop and Windows 10 1709 moved it time and time again. I created an image and saved it to the desktop and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Jul 29, 2018.

1. rdwray Win User

Windows moving destop icon.

I created a new folder on the desktop and Windows 10 1709 moved it time and time again. I created an image and saved it to the desktop and Windows stopped moving the folder and is now moving the image - is there any way to stop this?

:)

rdwray, Jul 29, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Windows moving destop icon. ;)

qubit, Jul 29, 2018
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Jul 29, 2018
  4. twicksisted Win User

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows moving destop icon. - Similar Threads - moving destop icon

2. moving icons on desktop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    moving icons on desktop - windows 10: When I press on an icon to move it to a folder on desk top, immediately the file (of icon) is opened, and I am unable to move it in to the folder. Same problem if I want to shift the icon to another place. I tried to press hard on the icon for shifting, but I end up only...
  3. VM icon move

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM icon move: Hello After installing Mint into the Oracle VM using Windows 10, I have the icon on my desktop. I am new to virtualization but have read one can share folders and test programs I usually only have the recycle bin there and wondered if there was an easy way to put it else...
  4. Icons moving HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons moving HELP!: Just downloaded and using Win 10. The icons keep moving! Please see attachments Thanks and Happy bird day! Robin *Confused 31512
  5. Icons keep moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons keep moving: I don't think anything. Place your icons where you want them and then do what you normally do. My expectations is that your machine will run normally, then in the afternoon, tomorrow, your machine will run out of power. Windows will protect itself and hibernate based on...
  6. Can't move icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move icons: When I try to move icons on my desktop, they usually snap back to their original positions. I can, however, move them into folders on the desktop. What's the fix? 99264
  7. Moving HomeGroup Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving HomeGroup Icon: I just installed Office and a Homegroup icon appeared on my desktop. I want to move it to a different place on my desktop. Every time I try to move it, it moves right back. Is there a way to make it stick where you want it? I know how to remove it but it is a very nice icon....
  8. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...
  9. Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Gone on destop and taskbar: I have just switched on my Win10 and all the icons have gone on the desktop and task bar. I need serious help urgently. The icon images in my task bar have also disappeared and replaced with identical icons. Screen shot attached. Having just gone into the file system there...
  10. moving icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving icons: The desk top icons shift to the left whenever I reboot. How can I stop this random rearrangement 52964