Windows 10: Windows moving destop icon.

Discus and support Windows moving destop icon. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I created a new folder on the desktop and Windows 10 1709 moved it time and time again. I created an image and saved it to the desktop and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Jul 29, 2018.

1. rdwray Win User

Windows moving destop icon.

I created a new folder on the desktop and Windows 10 1709 moved it time and time again. I created an image and saved it to the desktop and Windows stopped moving the folder and is now moving the image - is there any way to stop this?

:)

rdwray, Jul 29, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Windows moving destop icon. ;)

qubit, Jul 29, 2018
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Windows moving destop icon.

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows moving destop icon.

1. Windows moving destop icon. - Similar Threads - moving destop icon

2. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  3. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  4. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Text scaling seems to break destop icons

Text scaling seems to break destop icons: I was changing the font size in the accessibility options when I noticed the icons on my desktop were more spaced apart than usual, so I changed it a couple of times to check and it seems like the space grows wider every time I change it, regardless of weather I'm increasing...
  6. Text scaling seems to break destop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text scaling seems to break destop icons: I was changing the font size in the accessibility options when I noticed the icons on my desktop were more spaced apart than usual, so I changed it a couple of times to check and it seems like the space grows wider every time I change it, regardless of weather I'm increasing...
  7. Text scaling seems to break destop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Destop icon of this PC accidentally deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Destop icon of this PC accidentally deleted?: I have accidentally deleted the Destop icons, this PC (windows 10) how do I get it back? I do not want to have a shortcut Destop Symbol dieser PC versehentlich gelöscht?
  9. How can I attach a destop icon after having to move an app to a different drive?

How can I attach a destop icon after having to move an app to a different drive?: The SSD that came with my Intel NUC is only 32 GB (and soldered in)..I've added an HDD to accomodate apps but....some downloads do not give the option of where to load them, so they automatically go to C..even when computer instruction is to lead downloads to D..So, my...
  10. Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Gone on destop and taskbar: I have just switched on my Win10 and all the icons have gone on the desktop and task bar. I need serious help urgently. The icon images in my task bar have also disappeared and replaced with identical icons. Screen shot attached. Having just gone into the file system there...