Windows 10: Windows Moving to One Monitor

Discus and support Windows Moving to One Monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I posted here a few months ago I believe about the same issue. I set my monitors to turn off after a while of my computer not receiving any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ready4regi, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Windows Moving to One Monitor

Hi all, I posted here a few months ago I believe about the same issue. I set my monitors to turn off after a while of my computer not receiving any input. Whenever I do anything to turn it back on, all my windows go from my second monitor to my main. I was wondering if there was any fix for this, as I now have DisplayPort cables for both monitors.

submitted by /u/ready4regi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ready4regi, Jul 16, 2020
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 16, 2020
  3. LarryS2 Win User
    Problem moving the cursor between monitors after replacing one of two monitors.

After replacing one of two monitors, the cursor wouldn't move correctly between monitors. One of the other threads on this topic was helpful, but it took me awhile to fully understand the suggested solution. Below is what I did to fix my problem. If you
    have the same issue, I hope this helps.

The problem turned out to be my computer display settings showed the new monitor was to the right of the existing one when it was actually on the left. (The new one has an LED display, so I wanted it to be the primary.)

I could move between monitors by moving to the left on the new monitor screen and to the right on the existing one. Here's what I did below:

Right click on either monitor screen.

In the popup window, select "Display Settings"

In Display Settings scroll down to "Multiple displays" and select "Extend these displays"

At the top of the "Display" window, grab one of the displays with the cursor and move it to change the left to right order, then click "Apply"

Now the monitors are in the same order in the "Display Settings" as they are in front of you. That should allow the cursor to move between the monitors.

I only use two monitors, but I'm sure this same concept works with more than two.

LarryS2, Jul 16, 2020
  4. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Windows Moving to One Monitor

W10 Moving Windows to Monitor 1 After Waking.

I run a two monitor setup, got a 1920x1080 main screen and had a 4:3 1280x1024 second monitor for a long time. But finally upgraded my second monitor last week to a 24" 1920x1080 Samsung LED. Scored it for $30, and super happy with it except one thing.

I use my main monitor for gaming. The second monitor holds my Steam Friends List and Steam Chat Windows. As well as Twitch App or Discord. The problem I'm having is since changing the monitor, when I wake the computer back up it moves all windows back to my main monitor. I don't ever let me HDDs sleep, just my screens turn off after a bit. Before the monitor swap it worked fine, nothing moved. After that just the windows move. I didn't change anything else, and icons still stay on screen 2.

But it's frustrating moving those windows back to monitor two every single time I wake the screens. I tried updating video drivers, but it doesn't fix it.

It works fine and remembers when not sleeping. I can move them over, then close the windows and fire them back up and they start on screen two. But once the monitors turn off, back to square one. Any ideas here?

Well, it seems to be some issue with how Display Port works. My 4:3 was running off my DP with a VGA converter. I figured the 1080p would be no different, was using a DP to HDMI adapter. But I guess DP turns off the signal and doesn't know what to do with the windows or something and moves them over the the HDMI monitor (since they must handle sleep differently). Using a DVI to HDMI adapter instead fixed it.

1Kurgan1, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Moving to One Monitor

1. Windows Moving to One Monitor - Similar Threads - Moving Monitor

2. How do I fix my mouse not moving to my other monitor horizontally?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my mouse not moving to my other monitor horizontally?: HiI updated my drivers and now my mouse will only move to my other monitor when I move it up and down. I have tried everything to fix this issue to no avail. I have changed cables, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, restarted the pc. How can I fix this?...
  3. How do I fix my mouse not moving to my other monitor horizontally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my mouse not moving to my other monitor horizontally?: HiI updated my drivers and now my mouse will only move to my other monitor when I move it up and down. I have tried everything to fix this issue to no avail. I have changed cables, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, restarted the pc. How can I fix this?...
  4. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  5. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  6. Move window to show only on Monitor 1 taskbar or Monitor 2 taskbar not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move window to show only on Monitor 1 taskbar or Monitor 2 taskbar not working.: Hello everyone. formatted the PC yesterday to upgrade, so let's get that very clear first. It's a fresh Windows 11 install with all updates applied, nothing else was changed.I use a multimonitor setup with 3 monitors. I use the PC for work and other tasks, and I usually...
  7. Move window to show only on Monitor 1 taskbar or Monitor 2 taskbar not working.

Move window to show only on Monitor 1 taskbar or Monitor 2 taskbar not working.: Hello everyone. formatted the PC yesterday to upgrade, so let's get that very clear first. It's a fresh Windows 11 install with all updates applied, nothing else was changed.I use a multimonitor setup with 3 monitors. I use the PC for work and other tasks, and I usually...
  8. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  9. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  10. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved from another monitor

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved from another monitor: I have two external monitors and have set Win11's taskbar on each monitor to only show the open files on that screen and to not combine/stack/group them. The not group worked for everythign except Adobe PFS, so I found by unchecking a box in Adobe preferences called "Open...