Windows 10: Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

Discus and support Windows multimedia not picking up spotify. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to use multimedia keys on spotify, and it sort of works, but spotify isn't the main thing that windows multimedia picks up, so if I have a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by XxDonutheadxX, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

I am trying to use multimedia keys on spotify, and it sort of works, but spotify isn't the main thing that windows multimedia picks up, so if I have a youtube video in the background that I have stopped then when I try to pause my music the video will start playing as well or vice versa.

:)

XxDonutheadxX, Mar 17, 2023

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Mar 17, 2023
  3. Control Spotify with Multimedia Keyboard

Windows 10. Corsair Raptor K50 keyboard.

On my keyboard I have a couple of multimedia keys and a scrollwheel which controls the Windows volume mixer. This controls the overall volume of all the sounds coming from the system. All work as designed.

A master volume control is of limited use given that I'm within arms reach of the volume dial on my speakers. Ideally I'd like to have that scrollwheel re-bound to control the volume on Spotify, without affecting the master volume.

This would save me Alt-Tabbing out of my games to tweak the balance between the game sounds and my music!

Does anyone know a means of achieving this? The Corsair software doesn't seem to have anything to allow this, I haven't spotted any options in Spotify or in Windows and Google doesn't bring me much of use.

Thomas Bisset, Mar 17, 2023
  4. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

1. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify. - Similar Threads - multimedia picking spotify

2. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.: I am trying to use multimedia keys on spotify, and it sort of works, but spotify isn't the main thing that windows multimedia picks up, so if I have a youtube video in the background that I have stopped then when I try to pause my music the video will start playing as well or...
  3. Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows multimedia not picking up spotify.: I am trying to use multimedia keys on spotify, and it sort of works, but spotify isn't the main thing that windows multimedia picks up, so if I have a youtube video in the background that I have stopped then when I try to pause my music the video will start playing as well or...
  4. Multimedia files preview pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multimedia files preview pop-up: When we have multimedia files stored on the hard drive or in cloud, it's difficult to recognize the content on it, in particular about movies, videos, music and images.In could be developed a tool that when we move the cursor on the file or in right-click menu, a pop-up...
  5. Multimedia files preview pop-up

Multimedia files preview pop-up: When we have multimedia files stored on the hard drive or in cloud, it's difficult to recognize the content on it, in particular about movies, videos, music and images.In could be developed a tool that when we move the cursor on the file or in right-click menu, a pop-up...
  6. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  7. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  8. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Spotify opening up on start up.

Spotify opening up on start up.: Hi all,So recently, every time I start up my device from a shutdown Spotify automatically opens up. The window does not appear on the screen, it just stays minimised in the background. I have a few questions, firstly, does Spotify come pre-installed/is it one of the default...
  10. SSD not being picked up by windows but picked up in bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD not being picked up by windows but picked up in bios: My OS is installed on my SSD so every time i try boot my PC it takes me to recovery, I cant use diskpart commands because it doesnt show any storage devices, but in BIOS i can choose to load from it. If I use a bootable USB with the installation stuff on it, it doesnt allow...