Windows 10: Windows multiple BSOD's due to a corrupt driver unable to reset pc 0xc000021a

Discus and support Windows multiple BSOD's due to a corrupt driver unable to reset pc 0xc000021a in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since a few days I am having issues with Windows 10 like random crashes of games and sometimes BSOD's. I could be from the new RAM i got G Skill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ManuelMartensen, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Windows multiple BSOD's due to a corrupt driver unable to reset pc 0xc000021a

Since a few days I am having issues with Windows 10 like random crashes of games and sometimes BSOD's.

I could be from the new RAM i got G Skill Trident Z RGB for which i installed RGB software ASUS Aura sync / Armoury crate which could also be the reason for my problems according to a few minidumps, although i already had problems with my Windows 10 prior to these. But I am still planning on doing a memtest86 on these in the next couple days.

Other symptoms include BSODs on updating Windows currently stuck on 1909 and resetting Windows with BSOD error 0xc000021a points to faulty drivers smss.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

sfc /scannow showed problems that cannot be resolved, though I'm not able to interpret these logs good enough so i attached them below.

I googled some of the problems and they apparently correspond to corrupt files within my Windows installation.

chkdsk also ended unexpected and gave no logs but it seems there were no problems.

I have narrowed the problem down to beeing an driver issue where Driver Verifier showednetfilter2.sys as beeing flawed and the dumps attached below smss.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe.

Except from a fresh Windows install I see no solution to this problem and I don't know enough about tech to fix it myself.

Here are my minidumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u0t2YQkul6fxe45ySY-z3eIb0bKEz3vc/view?usp=sharing

And here the sfc log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wIKkiv_ty_54HDPdGrWizWTWW73g37CM/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for bad structuring and typos. I'm just really tired

:)

ManuelMartensen, Dec 26, 2020

2. Fix error 0xc000021a Windows 10

I've faced this issue before. It's one of the blue screen of death errors. Im sharing 5 steps that will help you fix Error 0xc000021a

One of the following step will sort out the problem:

1. Repair corrupted system
    2. Boot window manually
    3. Resetting computer's BIOS
    4. DO SFC scan
    5. Troubleshoot to fix automatically

Clout Techie, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Stop code 0xc000021a BSOD

Hi,

The blue screen with the stop code 0xc000021a error that you've encountered can be triggered due to corrupted or missing registry files. To effectively assist you with your concern, we suggest that you boot your device in Safe Mode trough the Windows Recovery
    Environment. Here are the steps on how to trigger Safe Mode:

• Turn on your computer.
    • When the Windows logo appear, unplug the power source of your computer.
    • Perform this step three times. On the fourth time, wait for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you're done, wait for your device to turn on and check if you encounter the same issue.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 26, 2020
  4. PfarrB Win User

Windows multiple BSOD's due to a corrupt driver unable to reset pc 0xc000021a

Unable to repair corrupt files causing multiple issues across PC

Hello there, I've been having problems with my PC for the past ~2 weeks with constant mf.dll errors causing crashes with multiple applications, unable to right-click the desktop background, losing options when right=clicking items in windows explorer (like
    copy/paste/delete), and what looks like multiple corrupt files. I've tried a number of things to resolve these issues including steps from the following sites:

Additionally, I've tried a system restore to a previous version (back to 6/20 before a 2-week vacation I went on), running a PC repair from Outbyte, and lastly a sfc scan which resulted in the "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable
    to fix some of them." I have the CBS txt file showing multiple corrupt files but I'm not sure what next steps are to try and repair my system. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated and if any more information is needed please let me know. Thank
    you in advance!

PfarrB, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows multiple BSOD's due to a corrupt driver unable to reset pc 0xc000021a

1. Windows multiple BSOD's due to a corrupt driver unable to reset pc 0xc000021a - Similar Threads - multiple BSOD's due

2. BSOD due to drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD due to drivers: My pc has been crashing sometimes lately. The Windows log state a task-id 41 with category 63 kernel-power. I've done some research, but since this is a very common and general issue, I started searching in combination with the bugcheckcode, which in my case is 307. I saw a...
  3. BSOD due to drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD due to drivers: My pc has been crashing sometimes lately. The Windows log state a task-id 41 with category 63 kernel-power. I've done some research, but since this is a very common and general issue, I started searching in combination with the bugcheckcode, which in my case is 307. I saw a...
  4. Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers: My computer has recently been crashing a lot, giving errors such as:Reason Code: 0x80010001 Shutdown reason "hardware maintenance"I've done some research, I've updated as many drivers as I can, but the problem persists, even though now it only occurs while gaming.Now, in...
  5. Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers: Hey there,My computer has BSOD'd four or five times in the past two days. The errors it's come up with have been System Service ExceptionIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALKMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDIt has been repeatedly trying to boot after these issues, but needs time to reset before...
  6. Multiple drivers corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple drivers corrupt: Windows 10 worked great on my laptop but after the october 2018 update multiple drivers are corrupt and no new drivers can be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-drivers-corrupt/9ae6fa7e-c3ca-4f63-83fe-eacefff931b7
  7. Reset failed due to corrupt files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset failed due to corrupt files: When I try to reset my computer it stops due to what I believe to be corrupt windows files as the log in $SysReset\Logs\setuperr.log says. It returns a 0x80004005 but under further inspection it has 2 0x80073712 errors returned by a hresult output. When I scanned my computer...
  8. BSOD 0xc000021a Windows 10

BSOD 0xc000021a Windows 10: Hello all! I have a friends PC (C2D 8400, Intel x38MB, nvidia 660gtx, 8GB ddr3, 2xhdd in raid 0) with Win10 Everything worked fine half year until few days ago, updates installed fine and after few restarts BSOD 0xc000021a happened. I tried every single option in...
  9. BSOD error 0xc000021a

BSOD error 0xc000021a: I kept my computer on over night and I accidentally hit the print screen button. I have a special program called 'Greenshot' so it overlays the screen with a grid region selector and lets you drag and save. I didn't drag and save so I left it like that over night. As soon...
  10. BSOD 0xc000021a, No safe mode, reinstall or reset.

BSOD 0xc000021a, No safe mode, reinstall or reset.: Ok. This is the furthest I've seen a computer go, and I don't have much hope left. My brother has a laptop (~4 yrs old). The battery went bad a couple of years ago, and so it now need to be plugged in all of the time. The laptop was asleep when he unplugged it to move it,...
Tags: