Windows 10: Windows multiple screen overlap glitch

Discus and support Windows multiple screen overlap glitch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As of a couple of weeks ago, this style glitch is appearing with our users. Laptop types range among Dell Latitude models 7x80 to 7400. The issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris_Mk2.0, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Windows multiple screen overlap glitch

As of a couple of weeks ago, this style glitch is appearing with our users.

Laptop types range among Dell Latitude models 7x80 to 7400.
    The issue occurs when unplugging from a dock. The problem happens when the unit is on, be it locked or not (The current image of this screenshot was from the lock screen.
    The docks in question are the WD15, TB16, and WD19TB docks. So long as it is a USB-C connector, both standard and Thunderbolt, it seems to have a chance to cause the issue.

All hardware drivers and BIOs have been updated to no avail.

All Windows Updates have been pushed and applied to no avail.

When changing the screen resolution, the glitch section of the monitor remains. It overlays on top of other windows, making it impossible to click, move, drag, or affect windows if they are behind the glitched section of the screen.

Uninstalling the display driver(s) entirely did not help, and the glitch remained.
    If the monitor/display in question is disabled (It appears on only one screen of a dual screen setup), it will move to the remaining screen. When the disabled screen is re-enabled, the glitch stays in its new home.

The only way to clear it is a full reboot.

What is this glitch, and how do we fix it?

Windows multiple screen overlap glitch [​IMG]

Windows multiple screen overlap glitch c5dc6d54-bf54-414f-a11e-cab3b45b009e?upload=true.png

:)

Chris_Mk2.0, Nov 12, 2019

2. Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 12, 2019
  4. am1985uk Win User

Windows multiple screen overlap glitch

Game Page Overlaps Screen

Hello,

I have followed your advice and installed the latest Windows 10 driver for my graphics card, but the page still overlaps the screen.

I uninstalled the game and I noticed when re-installing it that the page overlap is there as soon as the installer software starts - before the game is even installed.

Regards,

Alan

am1985uk, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows multiple screen overlap glitch

1. Windows multiple screen overlap glitch - Similar Threads - multiple screen overlap

2. Overlap and glitch behavior on taskbar windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overlap and glitch behavior on taskbar windows 11: It switches back and forth from this to normal. I just got it back from Microcenter after reinstalling windows and getting new GPU under warranty if that is of any significance....
  3. Overlap and glitch behavior on taskbar windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overlap and glitch behavior on taskbar windows 11: It switches back and forth from this to normal. I just got it back from Microcenter after reinstalling windows and getting new GPU under warranty if that is of any significance....
  4. Taskbar glitching onto screen multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar glitching onto screen multiple times: I'm so confused because it doesn't show up in the screenshot, it looks like multiple taskbars are just on the entirety of my screen but they're slowly fading away- I don't have a screenshot of what initially happened but the taskbar glitched out so that there were multiple of...
  5. Taskbar glitching onto screen multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar glitching onto screen multiple times: I'm so confused because it doesn't show up in the screenshot, it looks like multiple taskbars are just on the entirety of my screen but they're slowly fading away- I don't have a screenshot of what initially happened but the taskbar glitched out so that there were multiple of...
  6. UI glitching in multiple apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UI glitching in multiple apps: I've tried to fix this with no luck. UI elements, text, checkboxes and dropdown menus are glitching out in many of my apps.Hard to document, cause sometimes it works completely fine.UI elements in 'Quadspinner Gaea' like the dropdown menu has warped text.Text and menues are...
  7. Multiple Screen Overlapping and Flickering of the Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Screen Overlapping and Flickering of the Screen: So since yesterday whenever I watch any particular video on my laptop or at random times the screen starts to flickering and flashing and then when I try to close the window it just gets overlapped with another. I tried the uninstalling of the graphics driver and but it...
  8. Overlapping to second screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Overlapping to second screen: Yesterday I finally received my dual monitor stand so I could mount my old 1080p uw(ultrawide) on top of my new 1440p uw monitor. I had some problems with my shortcut positions being switched up, but the rest of the procedure seemed to go smoothly. However, I later started...
  9. Screen Distortion and Overlapping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Distortion and Overlapping: I was watching Youtube videos on my Dell Inspiron 7573, and suddenly the screen became distorted with a red tint. Then, the screen that I was on became, seemingly, imprinted onto the screen, and now each time I open a new window it also becomes imprinted onto the screen....
  10. Screen overlaps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen overlaps: [IMG] For some reasons, a screen has overlapped on the previous desktop screen. Please help me out of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-overlaps/c21baefb-7230-4ac7-93f4-48ae00c59aca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com