Windows 10: Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

Discus and support Windows mutes all other sounds Skype in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have been experiencing the common issue of Windows muting all other programs when I'm using a communications application Skype and Discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartinStahl100, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

Hi,

I have been experiencing the common issue of Windows muting all other programs when I'm using a communications application Skype and Discord while on my headphones I have reinstalled the drivers etc., despite me choosing the "do nothing" option under sound > communication. After the new update, the issue remains. What should I do? I always listen to music while on Skype/Discord, and now I can't do it anymore. It's infuriating.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

:)

MartinStahl100, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Will0330 Win User

Skype not muting other sounds in Windows 10

I think I may have solved this. It appears that windows has issues with knowing what to mute.

I am using a jabra bluetooth headset on windows 10 version 1703 ... I had two issues:

• When in a skype call, if a skype, windows, outlook or other notification happened it would play over top of my skype call, and also mute my mic, so no one could hear me
    • The fact that the above issue occurred meant that none of my sounds were being muted either
    How did I fix it?

• Go to device manager and find your headset/audio device
    • Disable all audio devices associated with your headset except for one (I had 3 "jabra motion headset devices" showing... and this is after several removal and fresh installs of the headset)
    • Go to sounds (right click on sound icon in taskbar, click "sounds")
    • Ensure only one headset device is listed in your playback and recording tabs (if there are more, disable them)
    • Set your headset as the default playback and recording device
    • You may need to restart after this is all complete (my skype would no longer recognize that I had a mic on my headset)
    • test on skype!
    Once windows only had a single headset device, and it was default, it no longer cuts out during calls, no longer mutes me to play a sound, and no sounds are played during my skype calls. AMAZING!

Will0330, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Cavey Win User
    Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10

I have headphones set as my Default Communication Device, speakers as my Default Device and when communication activity is detected, all other sounds are set to mute.

Using Skype (desktop), on W8.1 this worked fine; on answering a call, the music through the speakers is cut. However, on W10 (both Home and Enterprise) the sound through the speakers is not muted.

Seems to be the exact opposite of the following...

Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.

Any ideas?

Cavey, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

Skype not muting other sounds in Windows 10

I have the same issue with Skype for Business. Worked fine in Win8.1, but after upgrading to Windows 10 sounds are not muted any more when I'm in a call. The sound settings in Windows are set correctly though to mute all sounds when calling.

Stefan Cuypers, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

1. Windows mutes all other sounds Skype - Similar Threads - mutes sounds Skype

2. Using mic muting all other sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  3. Using mic muting all other sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  4. microphone is muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone is muting other sounds: I have raycon wireless earphones and when I use the microphone it mutes all other sounds I have tried troubleshoot and disabled excessive mode and nothing will work....
  5. Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound: Hi, A couple weeks ago something happened I don't know what that altered my audio settings. When using my bluetooth headphones with a built in mic, whenever I entered a chat with anyone, other audio would mute. For example, I'm listening to music or watching Youtube and...
  6. Skype mutes all Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype mutes all Audio: Hello there, If i use Skype with my Bluetooth headset it mutes all other Audio. I already selected Do nothing in the Communications Tab. Reinstalled Skype and my Audio Drivers as supposed in ohter Solutions. Still the Problem persists. My skype Version is 8.63.0.76....
  7. Having a microphone activated mutes all other sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having a microphone activated mutes all other sounds: As the title says, whenever the mic is on (i.e. while talking to friends on discord or using the voice chat on a game) it mutes all other sounds. I have a pair of REDMI Airdots, and the only way that I can listen to other things is to use the "Headset" option, but it drops...
  8. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008
  9. Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10

Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10: I have headphones set as my Default Communication Device, speakers as my Default Device and when communication activity is detected, all other sounds are set to mute. Using Skype (desktop), on W8.1 this worked fine; on answering a call, the music through the speakers is...
  10. Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.

Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.: When I have a call on skype (Windows 10 Pro), all my other sounds are muted like in games. I have tried going to sound>Communications and checking do nothing but this still did not fix the issue anyone have any ideas? 9664

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mutes programs while talking to people