Windows 10: Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs

Discus and support Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings everyone! Windows noob here. I recently built a very nice computer to use for streaming on twitch. I have everything working great except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by princevegeta, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs

Greetings everyone!
    Windows noob here. I recently built a very nice computer to use for streaming on twitch. I have everything working great except one issue. All my in game voice chats and even 3rd party programs (discord) will eventually mute or disconnect? I'm not sure which. It works for a few minutes sometimes longer sometimes shorter then its just gone. My in game sounds and music never stop however it's just the chat. The only way to get it back is to manually leave whatever channel I am in (on discord or in games like overwatch) then reconnect to the channel. Then it will work for another few minutes. It makes playing games very difficult. I have tried reformatting and reinstalling fresh windows with no luck. Please help! I am using a usb connected headset (astro A40 with mix amp) but also had the (Astro A50's) and same issue.
    thanks a ton
    Clayton

:)

princevegeta, Jan 31, 2018
  2. CJLim Win User

How do I disable voice guidance ?

Had a go at both V3.03 on my N97 Mini and V3.01 on my N96 connected to the bluetooth iDrive in my car last night. You are quite right about the the stereo muting everytime the voice guidance comes only. Strangely, it only mutes the music but it does not
    mute the voice guidance from the iDrive sat nav.

Checked all the settings within Ovi Maps and could not find a setting to shut voice guidance off while in drive mode. Perhaps you could try deleting the voice file, but this would mean not being able to turn it on when you want it.

CJLim, Jan 31, 2018
  3. voice notifications on lumia 635 isnt working for incoming text messages

my Lumia 635 is operating on windows 8. My friend texted me,but I'm not getting the voice notification that I have a text,all the phone does is vibrate and a Windows message sound rings,but there is no voice notification at all...i might have hit the
    mute button but I can't find any muted text... It says if you mute the message that you can no longer receive notification for that text..i haven't muted any text..

markhargleroad, Jan 31, 2018
  4. Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs

If haven't then install latest version of your computer audio driver. You can found the latest version of the audio driver from your computer manufacturer website and from audio card manufacturer website.

FreeBooter, Jan 31, 2018
  5. All drivers for pc are up to date according to windows device manager.
    thanks
    Clayton

princevegeta, Jan 31, 2018
  6. As i said latest version of the audio card driver can be found either at computer and audio card manufacturer website. Microsoft does not latest versions of all device drivers.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs

1. Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs - Similar Threads - Muting Voice Chat

2. All Sounds On Computer Goes Through Voice Chat and Voice Recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All Sounds On Computer Goes Through Voice Chat and Voice Recorder: Hello, My laptop is HP Omen 17t. Exact product number is: X9Z34EA#AB8 All my drivers and Windows 10 is up-to-date. No pending Windows updates or anything. The issue started a couple of weeks ago, out of nowhere, while I was playing a game with my friends, using...
  3. Voice Chat not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Chat not working: I purchased a computer earlier this year and have found problems with the party voice chat in the console companion app. I use a Razer Kraken X headset which works perfectly fine for everything Xbox, mobile, ps4, discord. For a few months, I could not speak at all in parties....
  4. Voice chat software destroys all audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Voice chat software destroys all audio: Immediately upon entering any voice chat software, all audio on my PC "breaks." My microphone stops detecting any sound, and my speakers stop making any sound. The only way to get audio back is restarting my computer. After restarting, I can check my microphone in the sound...
  5. Voice chats arent working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Voice chats arent working.: Having an issue where voice chats aren't working through ANY platform Xbox, Discord etc.. All mics tests working on all platforms but I will only get about 3 seconds of communication in each one then it cuts out. It still registers me as speaking, but no one can hear me and I...
  6. HELP VOICE CHAT

HELP VOICE CHAT: every single time i connect to voice chat on any application it works for about a minute than cuts out im able to talk to them there able to hear me for just a minute then it cuts out submitted by /u/GunnerBoyJ [link] [comments]...
  7. xbox voice chat blocked

xbox voice chat blocked: I play xbox with some friends a couple nights a week. When the new Call of Duty came out though, I got it for PC because it was cross platform. My problem is that xbox voice chat on my PC just refuses to connect to anyone. My NAT type is OPEN but server connectivity says...
  8. vOICE rECORDER MUTED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    vOICE rECORDER MUTED: I recorded an important interview on voice recorder but seem to have muted the microphone and can't hear the content. Is there any way to override the mute and hear the conversation?...
  9. all voice chat not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all voice chat not working.: After the august 10th 2019 windows updates. Any voice chat service that I have used in the past has stopped working completely. Other people can hear me but I cannot hear them. I have restarted my computer numerous times, I have played around with all my sound settings and...
  10. Chat programs (Skype Curse, etc.) mute other programs when in call?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chat programs (Skype Curse, etc.) mute other programs when in call?: I'm trying to use Curse ( a chat program very much like Skype) with my friends so we can all play and talk to each other. Unfortunately, whenever I'm in a call, all programs except the chat program are muted. This is very frustrating for games where I need audio. This issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do more with your voice windows