Windows 10: Windows my pc will not start up

Discus and support Windows my pc will not start up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I turn on my pc and I get the logo and nothing happens I've turned off and turned on again and I get the curser on a black screen and nothing else... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by paspms, Mar 7, 2021.

1. paspms Win User

Windows my pc will not start up

I turn on my pc and I get the logo and nothing happens I've turned off and turned on again and I get the curser on a black screen and nothing else happens

:)

paspms, Mar 7, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 7, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows my pc will not start up - Similar Threads - start

2. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  3. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  4. Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu: Have new laptop with Windows 10. How do I stop the popup with photos, etc, every time I go to the start menu? No, I do not want to see a photo of Harvey Weinstein or other disgusting images. Yep, tried everything. See attached typical image. Thank you....
  5. Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu

Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu: Have new laptop with Windows 10. How do I stop the popup with photos, etc, every time I go to the start menu? No, I do not want to see a photo of Harvey Weinstein or other disgusting images. Yep, tried everything. See attached typical image. Thank you....
  6. Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  8. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...: About a month ago, I noticed on my new and old laptops that command prompt would briefly flash open on some start-ups before closing immediately, However after trying some virus removal programs I found MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner and decided to run it, Here's what...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...

Microsoft Safety Scanner stopped my command prompt from flashing on start-ups, Did it...: About a month ago, I noticed on my new and old laptops that command prompt would briefly flash open on some start-ups before closing immediately, However after trying some virus removal programs I found MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner and decided to run it, Here's what...