Windows 10: Windows Narrator is not working for dropdown list control on Dynamics portal via Chrome

Discus and support Windows Narrator is not working for dropdown list control on Dynamics portal via Chrome in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We are facing a problem when we use Windows Narrator to read web page content via Chrome. We are developing for Dynamics portal. In Chrome, any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jun Hua, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Jun Hua Win User

Windows Narrator is not working for dropdown list control on Dynamics portal via Chrome

We are facing a problem when we use Windows Narrator to read web page content via Chrome. We are developing for Dynamics portal.

In Chrome, any HTML select control can be switched pressing keyboard up/down, also can be switched pressing Enter then use keyboard up/down.
    Once we start
    Windows Narrator and make a HTML select control active, it does not work through keyboard up/down, it will go to next section via keyboard up/down.

We have to press "Enter" to display panel which contains all options, but it also does not work for some select controls which is built by CRM option set fields if we press up/down in option panel, it will close current panel and move to next section.

And from my investigation with others' computer, some are working but others are not.

Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 My Computer Not working

Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 OS Version 18362.959 Working

Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 OS Version 18362.959 Working

Windows 10 Enterprise 2004 Not working

I have compared Narrator settings with working computers, nothing is suspicious.

I'm trying to get help from MS contactus, they suggest:

1. Re-install Chrome or upgrade to latest version

2. Upgrade Windows to latest version

Now my computer is upgraded to latest version 2004, Chrome is also upgraded to latest version, however, none of them is working, the issue is still there.

Could anyone help me?

:)

Jun Hua, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 5, 2020
  3. How to turn off the narrator on Windows 10?

Hello Lee,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “Navigater”, are you referring to narrator?
    • Did you try to turn the “Navigater” off from the settings page?

If you are referring to the narrator settings, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Narrator settings and select the top most search result.
    • Slide the Narrator option bar to Off status under
      Hear text and controls on the screen.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Marc Cai Win User

Windows Narrator is not working for dropdown list control on Dynamics portal via Chrome

Why doesn't Windows 10 Narrator work in Chrome?

Hello Dan,

Regarding your concern about Windows 10 Narrator, we need to know if the issue only happens in Chrome browser. Please share us the steps that you've already done to aid the concern.

Meanwhile, we are inviting you to visit this link on how to
    get started with Narrator.
    There is where you can find the basics and tips on how you can work with the Narrator in Windows 10.

Best regards.

Marc Cai, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Narrator is not working for dropdown list control on Dynamics portal via Chrome - Similar Threads - Narrator working dropdown

2. How to make Windows Narrator work on Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows Narrator work on Chrome?: Hello, When trying to use Windows Narrator on Chrome, I can select the top bar and it will read the name of the webpage, but I can't select or read anything on the screen. With other apps and on Edge, it works as intended, but due to my job, I need to use Chrome. On Chrome,...
  3. How to make Windows Narrator work on Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Windows Narrator work on Chrome?: Hello, When trying to use Windows Narrator on Chrome, I can select the top bar and it will read the name of the webpage, but I can't select or read anything on the screen. With other apps and on Edge, it works as intended, but due to my job, I need to use Chrome. On Chrome,...
  4. Dropdown Functionality Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropdown Functionality Not Working: OK, I could not find anything relating to this after quite a few searches.Dropdown Functionality and right click functionality stops working intermittently. However, it will begin working again when I dock the screen to one side i.e., windows button + right/left arrow. Once...
  5. Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge: In both Edge and Chrome browsers, when I click on a drop down menu, the list is unresponsive for several seconds before I can scroll down the list. After scrolling for a few seconds, the list will become unresponsive again. For example, a dropdown list of the 50 states or a...
  6. Dynamic Update listed in MUC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dynamic Update listed in MUC: Hello--From the Update Catalog I see some updates marked Dynamic. I have not seen those packages in Windows Update list. What are Dynamic Updates? The latest one is 2020-08 Also I see SSU updates in MUC, but do not see the SSU packages in Windows Update. I did not...
  7. portal error in Chrome. trying to access...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    portal error in Chrome. trying to access...: Server Error in '/Portal' Application.Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely for security reasons. It could,...
  8. cdn error, dropdown list not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cdn error, dropdown list not working: cdn error due to which page not load, dropdown list not working in only one website, it works fine in others pc. i tried basic methods to solve the error but it persists....
  9. Dropdown and animatio doesn't work chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dropdown and animatio doesn't work chrome: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_trivada [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjc586/dropdown_and_animatio_doesnt_work_chrome/
  10. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: I was quite surprised at the lack of some of the basic features of Microsoft Edge that have been found in IE for years that are critical in my mind. One of these is the ability to have a drop down list on both the back and forward buttons in the browser to be able to quickly...