Windows 10: Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion

Discus and support Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As you can see, the native resolution is at 1680x1080. I can switch to 1920x1080 but when I play games I can never play in fullscreen mode because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IProMaster19, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion

As you can see, the native resolution is at 1680x1080. I can switch to 1920x1080 but when I play games I can never play in fullscreen mode because it just changes to 1680x1080, and if you have ever played games before you know that fullscreen mode is the best option to get the best performance possible. A while ago, the resolution used to be at 1920x1080, but something changed and now it's 1680x1080. Anyone got any solutions?

:)

IProMaster19, Nov 8, 2021

2. wrong native resolution

After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768

win 10 user, Nov 8, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop

Hi, I assume you bought it 2nd hand. Did it come with Win 10?

As you're unsure about what you've got, I suggest you download and run
    Hwinfo64
    E.g.

Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 8, 2021
  4. tibarion Win User

Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion

Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop

Nope, I bought this New off Amazon. It looks like it's really 768p then huh? I googled the model number I have and it should be full hd unless there's more than one version of SW5-173

Edit: Ha, looks like on the back it says I have a SW5-173-648z which is not full hd. Looks like I got bamboozled so I'll handle the rest from here. Thank you very much.

tibarion, Nov 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion

1. Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion - Similar Threads - native resolution stuck

2. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  3. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  4. Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion: As you can see, the native resolution is at 1680x1080. I can switch to 1920x1080 but when I play games I can never play in fullscreen mode because it just changes to 1680x1080, and if you have ever played games before you know that fullscreen mode is the best option to get...
  5. Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion: As you can see, the native resolution is at 1680x1080. I can switch to 1920x1080 but when I play games I can never play in fullscreen mode because it just changes to 1680x1080, and if you have ever played games before you know that fullscreen mode is the best option to get...
  6. Cant change resolution, always stuck in native

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant change resolution, always stuck in native: Problem started randomly last week. i have my desktop hooked up via HDMI to my 4K Samsung TV, This is my primary (only) display. When i try to change the resolution to anything else, my screen does not go black for a second like it used to when switching resolution....
  7. Can't change resolution, stuck in native 3840x2160

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change resolution, stuck in native 3840x2160: Problem started randomly last week. i have my desktop hooked up via HDMI to my 4K Samsung TV, This is my primary only display. When i try to change the resolution to anything else, my screen does not go black for a second like it used to when switching resolution....
  8. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  9. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  10. Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop: I spent a couple hours updating drivers (though I really don't know much about them) after finding out that the highest resolution I could go was 768p when my laptop model is supposed to have a native resolution of 1920x1080p. I think I updated the video driver to the latest...