Windows 10: Windows needs activation after reset

Discus and support Windows needs activation after reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; it honestly started when i was trying to fix what in all honesty should have been a fairly simple problem. though in trying to find the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Homuna, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Homuna Win User

Windows needs activation after reset

it honestly started when i was trying to fix what in all honesty should have been a fairly simple problem. though in trying to find the correct solution for this case windows unraveled into a slew of sequential problems (that showed me that i know frick all about IT and people who do sure are fine folk.) that eventually came down to having to completely reinstall windows. so i used the reset windows option (which finally worked at the point windows couldnt boot and not any time before) and

long story short i had to reset windows cause i have learned its practically made of bubblegum and its saying that it is no longer valid. simply curious if its saying i need to buy a new product key because it broke itself... ultimately i can live with a little watermark in the corner its not really that obtrusive i do most of my work on my other screen anyway but i am curious if this is the case.

:)

Homuna, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 10, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows needs activation after reset - Similar Threads - needs activation reset

2. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  3. Windows Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation after reset: Hello,I did a windows reset after bios problems on my Lenovo. I used a recovery disk from another laptop.After reset, windows cannot activate automatically. I don't have the original windows key as it is the version that came with the computer when i bought it.Thank you...
  4. Windows Activation after resetting desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation after resetting desktop: Reset a windows 10 pro desktop and now windows says that it needs to be activated. The computer is at least 3 years old. Originally it was windows 10 home but was upgraded to pro. After resetting the desktop it only recognizes the original windows 10 home license and asks for...
  5. Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I need an activation key after resetting windows 10?: So I’m planning on doing a factory reset of my PC. I plan to delete all files and complete wipe the hard drive. After I do this, will I need a new windows activation key? I’m using only 1 account on my pc, which is a local account with no connected Microsoft account. I...
  6. Windows activation after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after reset: Had to reset computer. Had Windows 10 from when free download was offered. After reset when attempting to activate Windows got and error message of 0xC004F012. I do not have the registration key from the first installation of Windows 10....
  7. Need help with activating Windows 10 after complete reset.

Need help with activating Windows 10 after complete reset.: I know the product key from a download, but when I type it in it says it doesn't work and "error code 0xc0000022" All help is appreciated. Thank you....
  8. Windows 10 Activation After Reset

Windows 10 Activation After Reset: I am having trouble activating windows after a system reset after programs became unstable and unusable and reinstalling them did not work well. We have a digital license from the free upgrade on this computer and I had actually activated it a week ago after a reset and...
  9. activation after reset

activation after reset: My lenovo laptop came with windows 8.1 installed, i upgraded to 10 some time ago. I reset windows 10 for maintenance and now its asking me to activate. But the activation screen is blank. I need to join a private network urgently and I cant until I activate. Please advise or...
  10. Activation of windows after reset

Activation of windows after reset: I did reset my laptop last month and after reset it asked me for product key. I skipped and found that my Windows is no more activated. I changed my motherboard in June but it didn't create any issues with activation till I reset in December. I tried activation after hardware...