Windows 10: Windows needs me to setup a pin but won't let me setup a pin

Discus and support Windows needs me to setup a pin but won't let me setup a pin in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I hated that I had to change my pin every six weeks so typed this into powershell (admin) "wmic UserAccount set Password expired=False". I restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SmollBollBob, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Windows needs me to setup a pin but won't let me setup a pin

I hated that I had to change my pin every six weeks so typed this into powershell (admin) "wmic UserAccount set Password expired=False". I restarted my pc by shutting down and turning it back on again to see if anything broke and of course something did. Now it says I need to setup a pin because it thinks I don't have one but when I go through the process it always fails at the end and asks me to retry or skip for now. Retrying just fails.

So now I can only sign in and unlock my computer by verifying my identity with a code I get sent to my email and then going through setup pin process for it fail and I have to choose skip for now.

Also I can't change the pin in settings because "This device doesn't meet your organisation's requirements for Windows Hello"

submitted by /u/SmollBollBob
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SmollBollBob, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Can't Setup PIN in windows 10

Hi, Curtis.

Setting up a PIN is one of the options to increase the security level for your device. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Yashwanth Kotakuri on this
    thread to know more on how to setup a new PIN.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Windows needs me to setup a pin but won't let me setup a pin

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows needs me to setup a pin but won't let me setup a pin

1. Windows needs me to setup a pin but won't let me setup a pin - Similar Threads - needs setup pin

2. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  3. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  4. PIN won't let me into Microsoft Store

PIN won't let me into Microsoft Store: I am unable to log into Microsoft Store with my account on my son’s laptop HP Laptop 17-cp0xxx running Windows 11, v22H2 when it asks for my PIN for verification. I recently purchased Minecraft for Windows for him from the Minecraft web site. I successfully apparently...
  5. PIN won't let me into Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN won't let me into Microsoft Store: I am unable to log into Microsoft Store with my account on my son’s laptop HP Laptop 17-cp0xxx running Windows 11, v22H2 when it asks for my PIN for verification. I recently purchased Minecraft for Windows for him from the Minecraft web site. I successfully apparently...
  6. Windows won't let me setup up my fingerprint

Windows won't let me setup up my fingerprint: I have an HP 15z eh000 CTOToday I tried to setup my fingerprint reader but windows won let me. I see the setup button but when I click it, nothing happens. I uninstalled my driver for my fingerprint sensor and reinstalled it multiple times but nothing is working....
  7. Windows won't let me setup up my fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me setup up my fingerprint: I have an HP 15z eh000 CTOToday I tried to setup my fingerprint reader but windows won let me. I see the setup button but when I click it, nothing happens. I uninstalled my driver for my fingerprint sensor and reinstalled it multiple times but nothing is working....
  8. will not let me setup windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    will not let me setup windows hello: [ATTACH] hello there i have had my laptop acer spin 3 for a while now and everything has been working fine untill oneday i went to sign in on somthing using my hello fingerprint feature when it said somthing along the lines of "please add your fingerprint in...
  9. Windows 10 keeps asking me to setup a Hello Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps asking me to setup a Hello Pin: Just got a new Dell Laptop with Windows 10 in July 2020. I try to keep it updated at least weekly. Every so often I see 2 problems: 1 it tells me i can't run windows update, to which i found in Control Panel>Services that's it's been disabled and needs to be re-enabled, and 2...
  10. Won't let me use a PIN to log in....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Won't let me use a PIN to log in....: Windows claims I got my PIN wrong too many times and has locked it out. I can get in with the my password, but that is more difficult. It said I had to have the computer on for 2 hours to reset my PIN. So I left it on, but it didn't help. I deleted the PIN and tried to set...