Windows 10: Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to...

Discus and support Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I turn on my PC or disable/enable network adapter, it does not connects to internet without flushing and renewing DNS/IP. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mansoor_Alam, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to...

Hi,

Whenever I turn on my PC or disable/enable network adapter, it does not connects to internet without flushing and renewing DNS/IP. I have tried updating/reinstalling network drivers, even I reinstalled the whole OS but still the problem exists. Any solution please!

Here are the OS detail;

Host Name: *********

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation

OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free

Registered Owner: Mansoor Alam

Registered Organization:

Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA312

Original Install Date: 08/01/2020, 11:24:50 PM

System Boot Time: 09/01/2020, 6:20:46 PM

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: OptiPlex 7010

System Type: x64-based PC

Processors: 1 Processors Installed.

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3201 Mhz

BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A29, 28/06/2018

Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS

System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2

System Locale: en-us;English United States

Input Locale: en-us;English United States

Time Zone: UTC+05:00 Islamabad, Karachi

Total Physical Memory: 8,110 MB

Available Physical Memory: 5,397 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size: 10,030 MB

Virtual Memory: Available: 7,257 MB

Virtual Memory: In Use: 2,773 MB

Page File Locations: C:\pagefile.sys

Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon Server: ***********

Hotfixs: 7 Hotfixs Installed.

[01]: KB4533002

[02]: KB4497165

[03]: KB4498523

[04]: KB4503308

[05]: KB4516115

[06]: KB4524569

[07]: KB4530684

Network Cards: 1 NICs Installed.

[01]: IntelR 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

Connection Name: Ethernet

DHCP Enabled: Yes

DHCP Server: 172.16.100.10

IP addresses

[01]: 172.16.112.42

[02]: fe80::6deb:a2af:9182:a24c

:)

Mansoor_Alam, Jan 9, 2020

2. Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?

There is a fairly well know security package that is causing some users problems on Win 10 AU - browser connections get blocked. (Other TCP/IP connectivity is unaffected - just browsers.) A user of the product found that releasing and renewing DHCP-provided IP address - i.e., doing "ipconfig /release" followed by ipconfig /renew"" temporarily fixes the problem. Can someone explain to me what doing a release/renew does to Windows such that a program - even a program with deeply embedded hooks - would even know this has happened.

Obviously the computer will get a new IP address from DHCP. (Which, for many DHCP servers, will likely be the same as the old one.) If it gets a new address, will this make Windows switch it's network profile from "Private" to "Guest or Public"? (I know the security package will see that.)

And a few more questions relating to /release and /renew but unrelated to the problem:
    I see there are IPv6 versions of /release and /renew. Does that mean that /release and /renew apply to only IPv4 addresses, or do those commands apply to both IPv4 and IPv6? If only IPv4, is there a way to release and renew all addresses? The DHCP server supplied a list of DNS servers as part of the DHCP handshake. Does the release and renew process also renew the list of DNS servers? If so, is there the same division of IPv4 and IPv6?

pokeefe0001, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

Since the DNS is flushed, you may want to renew ipconfig and check if it works. To renew the ipconfig follow the steps listed below:

Renew ipconfig:

• Search for Command Prompt from the Start menu and choose
      Command Prompt (admin).
    • Copy paste the following commands and hit Enter:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew
    • Restart the machine once the commands are executed and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, as the Pcs are in domain, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet IT Pro forums, where we have support professionals equipped with the knowledge
    on game servers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to...

Windows 10 Updates Disables Network DNS

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation.

Let’s try few methods and check if it helps:

Try to flush DNS and resetting your TCP/IP stack.

To flush DNS and to reset TCP/IP stack follow steps below:

Click on Start button in left bottom corner and type cmd in the Search box and right click Command Prompt icon on the top and click
    Run as Administrator.

Enter these commands individually and hit Enter on the command prompt window.

• IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

• NBTSTAT –R

• NBTSTAT –RR

• NETSH INT IP RESET

• NETSH WINSOCK RESET
    After executing all the commands restart your computer.

Then you can try release and renew IP address.To release ip address and renew ip address you can try the following steps:

• Press Windows + X and select command prompt(admin)
    • Enter this command ipconfig/ release thenhit Enter.
    • Enter this command to renew the ip address ipconfig / renew then hit Enter.
    Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to...

1. Windows needs to flush/register DNS and release/renew IP after every boot to connect to... - Similar Threads - needs flush register

2. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  3. Batch File to Release TCP/IP, Flush DNS, Reset Winsock, Reset Proxy

in Windows 10 News
    Batch File to Release TCP/IP, Flush DNS, Reset Winsock, Reset Proxy: Every now and then, many PC users may find that their Network connections fail for seemingly no reason. And, while rebooting your Windows 10 PC works in some cases, it is not ideally the best solution. In this post, we will show you how to create a Batch File to reset,...
  4. Shortcut to flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to flush DNS Cache: I am trying to create a shortcut to flush my DNS cache to avoid having to open the command prompt and enter the ipconfig command each time. I have seen two methods to supposedly do this. In the first method, I create a batch file with the ipconfig.exe /flushdns command, save...
  5. Flush DNS Cache

Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  6. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  7. Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush

Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush: I run a server with my own domain, I contacted my domain host because I could not connect to my server using domain after my public IP had changed after updating the A record within the domain interface, (though I could connect via IP) but my host told me to flush DNS, and so...
  8. IP Address must be manually released/renewed every time Windows is restarted.

IP Address must be manually released/renewed every time Windows is restarted.: Hello all, I am having an issue with network connectivity on my laptop. Every time I restart my Windows OS, in order to get an internet connection I must manually release and renew my IP address via the command prompt. This happens with both Wired and wireless connections,...
  9. DNS flush, what is it and is it necessary

in Browsers and Email
    DNS flush, what is it and is it necessary: I just installed Chrome on my laptop (which I'm now using) and a friend told me I needed to defrag and do a DNS flush by writing in cmd ipconfigflushdns. Defrag is already done, but his instructions were to go to the Windows tab and search bar at the bottom to type in this...
  10. Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?

Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?: There is a fairly well know security package that is causing some users problems on Win 10 AU - browser connections get blocked. (Other TCP/IP connectivity is unaffected - just browsers.) A user of the product found that releasing and renewing DHCP-provided IP address - i.e.,...