Windows 10: "Windows needs to restart" Message, I Have DMP File

Discus and support "Windows needs to restart" Message, I Have DMP File in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had Win 7, then had Win 10 32 bit installed on my 64 bit system 2 months ago, no idea why they installed win 10 32 bit. I've had 3 or 4 of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeFromSd, Jun 2, 2020.

1. JoeFromSd Win User

"Windows needs to restart" Message, I Have DMP File

I had Win 7, then had Win 10 32 bit installed on my 64 bit system 2 months ago, no idea why they installed win 10 32 bit.

I've had 3 or 4 of these Restart messages, sorry it might not be the exact message, then it had to collect data I think I think it said.

I hope someone can take a look at this dmp file and tell me why win 10 keeps needing to Restart on me!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihlLUHgYZFekTqLdgn3PehVuPVu?e=E12lDh

:)

JoeFromSd, Jun 2, 2020

2. Help reading mini dmp file

Download BlueScreenView, unpack the ZIP, and run the EXE (no installation necessary). It's an excellent little utility for looking at DMP files and finding the cause of crashes.

Static~Charge, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Random Restarts - Windows 7-64 bit

Whelp, the random restarts are back......

I am attaching a copy of the dmp file here..... looks like it is being caused by driver hal.dll

WTF is that?

snuffnchess, Jun 2, 2020
  4. "Windows needs to restart" Message, I Have DMP File

Windows 7 is bluescreen-ing on me. can anyone help with the .dmp files.

Download a copy of BlueScreenView 64-bit. Unpack the ZIP file and launch the EXE. It will scan your \Windows\Minidump folder for crash dumps; click on the file that you want to analyze. In the bottom half of the window, BlueScreenView will list the EXEs, DLLs, and drivers that were running when the crash happened. The files with a pink background were responsible for the crash.

I was able to look at your DMP file. I find it a bit odd/suspicious that the Netwsw02.sys driver doesn't show a product name, description, company name, or path. A little digging found that this driver is probably for the Intel Wireless WiFi Link Adapter. Do you have a WiFi adapter in this computer? Your System Specs don't show it. If you do, what is the brand/model?

In the meantime, run Memtest86+ and check for bad RAM. Do at least one full pass, preferably several. It will take a while to check all 16 gigs of RAM in your machine.

It would be a good idea to run some malware scans, too.

Static~Charge, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

"Windows needs to restart" Message, I Have DMP File

1. "Windows needs to restart" Message, I Have DMP File - Similar Threads - needs restart Message

2. Windows BSOD 0x000000ef. Need help analyzing the DMP file. DMP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD 0x000000ef. Need help analyzing the DMP file. DMP: #I am quite proficient in both Chinese and English. This post will be avaliable in both languages for greater outreach.#My PC restarted itself twice after BSOD in the last two days, and it has never happened before. I was not at home when it happened during both restarts, but...
  3. Windows BSOD 0x000000ef. Need help analyzing the DMP file. DMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD 0x000000ef. Need help analyzing the DMP file. DMP: #I am quite proficient in both Chinese and English. This post will be avaliable in both languages for greater outreach.#My PC restarted itself twice after BSOD in the last two days, and it has never happened before. I was not at home when it happened during both restarts, but...
  4. Need Help with DMP Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with DMP Files: Hi,I have run Driver Verify DV on an old PC, which has only produced BSODs since a clean reinstall of Win 10. I can't get into Windows before the BSOD intervenes every time on start-up, except when using Safe Mode.Before using DV, the BSOD gave no details, but with DV it...
  5. Need Help with DMP Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help with DMP Files: Hi,I have run Driver Verify DV on an old PC, which has only produced BSODs since a clean reinstall of Win 10. I can't get into Windows before the BSOD intervenes every time on start-up, except when using Safe Mode.Before using DV, the BSOD gave no details, but with DV it...
  6. Need Help with DMP Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. "Windows needs to restart" Message, Have DMP Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows needs to restart" Message, Have DMP Files: I had Win 7, then had Win 10 32 bit installed on my 64 bit system 2 months ago, no idea why they installed win 10 32 bit. I've had 3 or 4 of these Restart messages, sorry it might not be the exact message, then it had to collect data I think I think it said. I hope...
  8. BSOD - I have all .dmp files.

BSOD - I have all .dmp files.: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f BAD_POOL_CALLER c2 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 1000007e Commonality: atikmdag.sys These are the three errors I received from the .dmp files. Thoughts Anyone?...
  9. I need help with BSOD I have .dmp files

I need help with BSOD I have .dmp files: Lately about last 2 months I have been getting frequent BSOD on my system. They happen usually about 1 minute after start-up. I know that it is probably kernel and CPU-related problem, probably with drivers. I have run my .dmp thru BlueScreenViewer and found out that the...
  10. I Need help with crashing laptop on Windows 10. Have DMP file :)

I Need help with crashing laptop on Windows 10. Have DMP file :): Hi there. Can someone help me troubleshoot a BSOD I'm getting on my Acer AspireE15 running Windows 10 Pro? I've followed the instructions on the article titled "BSOD Finding and fixing them" and have uploaded my DMP file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag9X3lRblCFckDV6I9E8F3S283LR...