Windows 10: "Windows needs your current credentials [...]" pop-up still there after group policy update

Discus and support "Windows needs your current credentials [...]" pop-up still there after group policy update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I currently run on Windows 10 and I connect to my user session through my company's AAD and I have always had this pop up "Windows needs your... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Charles GOSSELIN, Nov 4, 2019.

1. "Windows needs your current credentials [...]" pop-up still there after group policy update

Hello,

I currently run on Windows 10 and I connect to my user session through my company's AAD and I have always had this pop up "Windows needs your current credentials. Please lock this computer, then unlock it using your most recent password or smart card." that is now driving me crazy, it pops twice everytime I log on my session, so at least 10 times a day.

I disabled the "Connection with PIN code" and "Always wait for network [...]" group policies but I can still connect via pin code to my session (even after reboot) and the pop up is still there.

If you have any solution I would be very grateful.

Best regards,
    Charles.

***moved on english forum***

:)

Charles GOSSELIN, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 4, 2019
  3. GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Nov 4, 2019
  4. "Windows needs your current credentials [...]" pop-up still there after group policy update

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

"Windows needs your current credentials [...]" pop-up still there after group policy update

1. "Windows needs your current credentials [...]" pop-up still there after group policy update - Similar Threads - needs current credentials

2. ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎: Hello, We are on a Full Cloud environment with Windows Hello for Business enabled. When logging in via PIN, we get a "Windows needs your current credentials" message that appears after a few seconds. We've tried changing the PIN code + reboot and we've tried changing the...
  3. ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎: Hello, We are on a Full Cloud environment with Windows Hello for Business enabled. When logging in via PIN, we get a "Windows needs your current credentials" message that appears after a few seconds. We've tried changing the PIN code + reboot and we've tried changing the...
  4. ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Weird Pop Up show when Group Policy Editor is Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Pop Up show when Group Policy Editor is Open: Whenever I try to open Group Policy Editor, I encountered with a Pop-Up stating that "Policy presentation element 'ForceInstantDimDropDown' in referenced presentation 'ForceInstantDim' does not exits", how to fix this?...
  6. Weird Pop Up show when Group Policy Editor is Open

Weird Pop Up show when Group Policy Editor is Open: Whenever I try to open Group Policy Editor, I encountered with a Pop-Up stating that "Policy presentation element 'ForceInstantDimDropDown' in referenced presentation 'ForceInstantDim' does not exits", how to fix this?...
  7. One Updater still popping up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Updater still popping up?: So my little brother downloaded a ton of games on my laptop when he wasn't supposed to. Figured this out and uninstalled all of them-or so I thought. Recently I noticed that something called OneUpdater kept popping up. Did research and oh no it's a bad thing.Uninstalled it...
  8. One Updater still popping up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Updater still popping up?: So my little brother downloaded a ton of games on my laptop when he wasn't supposed to. Figured this out and uninstalled all of them-or so I thought. Recently I noticed that something called OneUpdater kept popping up. Did research and oh no it's a bad thing.Uninstalled it...
  9. One Updater still popping up?

10. Security Credential pop up window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security Credential pop up window: I have been using a remote desktop app for online course When I first started I had to turn off password protected sharing. That is still off but pop up window is back. what can I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows needs your current credentials Disable popup