Windows 10: Windows network icon always disconnected (even though I can browse)

Discus and support Windows network icon always disconnected (even though I can browse) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So with the latest update, my notification tray icon for network connectivity always says I have 'No Network Access'. This is weird since I'm connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Katylar, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Katylar Win User

Windows network icon always disconnected (even though I can browse)

So with the latest update, my notification tray icon for network connectivity always says I have 'No Network Access'. This is weird since I'm connected via ethernet and am able to browse, torrent, etc. everything without problems. I thought the issue was purely cosmetic, but I realized that all Windows Apps (like Netflix) or even Office think that I'm not connected to the internet.

Any idea on how to fix this? I've tried resetting the network adapter, rebooting multiple times, etc.

Win10: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329)

:)

Katylar, Jul 12, 2020

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Windows network icon always disconnected (even though I can browse)

Network Icon Absent

Latest Window 10 update caused Network Icon to disappear. All suggested cures send you looking for items in Control Center that do not exist. I have tried at least 10 different sets of instructions but always get stopped when a step requires you go to a
    step that doesn't exist.

RichardRandall1, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows network icon always disconnected (even though I can browse)

1. Windows network icon always disconnected (even though I can browse) - Similar Threads - network icon always

2. Win10 won't recognize that I'm connected to a network, even though I can access the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 won't recognize that I'm connected to a network, even though I can access the...: As the title suggests, I can access the internet on my pc via ethernet, but windows won't recognize that I'm connected to a network. I'm writing this post from my PC.As a result of this I can't check for windows updates, download things from the windows store etc.... it's...
  3. Win10 won't recognize that I'm connected to a network, even though I can access the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 won't recognize that I'm connected to a network, even though I can access the...: As the title suggests, I can access the internet on my pc via ethernet, but windows won't recognize that I'm connected to a network. I'm writing this post from my PC.As a result of this I can't check for windows updates, download things from the windows store etc.... it's...
  4. Win10 won't recognize that I'm connected to a network, even though I can access the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. CCleaner always has bugs even though it's always there's new version

CCleaner always has bugs even though it's always there's new version: The more the CCleaner gets new update versions the more the CCleaner has more bugs and that's my opinion. I'm switched from CCleaner to BleachBit Many CCleaner users reporting bugs on the every new versions, please go to CCleaner Bug Reporting forum 183172
  6. Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup

Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup: Hi, I have a new Windows 10 desktop PC with an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet. Every time I start Windows 10 the network is disconnected. I can fix by going to the Ethernet adapter and selecting 'disabled' and then selecting 'enabled'. After disabling and...
  7. [Issue] Windows always says I'm disconnected from the Internet even though I am

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Issue] Windows always says I'm disconnected from the Internet even though I am: Hi! So with the latest update, my notification tray icon for network connectivity always says I have 'No Network Access'. This is weird since I'm connected via ethernet and am able to browse, torrent, etc. everything without problems. I thought the issue was purely cosmetic,...
  8. Issue with network icon showing no connectivity, even though there is!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with network icon showing no connectivity, even though there is!: Hi all, I've been browsing around looking for any solutions to this issue but haven't found anything concrete. Even pre-2004 update, one of my (and now two) users are having an issue where it looks like there is no network connection in the system tray, yet they still have...
  9. I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there.

I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there.: I cannot minimise my active windows even though the icon is there. However the 'X' button on the Edge app has disappeared altogether which means that I cannot easily see all my active icons...
  10. Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access

Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access: Since today the network icon on the taskbar of my ASUS X556UV started saying that I don't have internet access to the network I'm connected to with an ethernet cable. This isn't correct because I can still use the internet for browsing, streaming etc. The main problem is...