Windows 10: Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT

Discus and support Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the Network & Internet settings of windows 10 I am seeing "You're connected to the internet" . But none of my browsers can get to a website. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alan93, Dec 29, 2020.

1. alan93 Win User

Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT

In the Network & Internet settings of windows 10 I am seeing "You're connected to the internet" . But none of my browsers can get to a website.

This computer is connected with an ethernet. I have restarted my router and all of my other ethernet and wifi computers can connect.

If I run the diagnostics it says "Problems found windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy Detected settings"

If I ping 192.168.200.1 I get TTL=64 x4

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN? AND WHY WOULD YOU BUT SUCH TECHNICAL WORDING IN A SYSTEMS DIAGNOSTIC?

I never get these problems on a MAC which is what I'm on now.

:)

alan93, Dec 29, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 29, 2020
  3. 3mptylord Win User
    Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Dec 29, 2020
  4. 3mptylord Win User

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you.

In fact - I can do virtually everything (League; Steam; Skype; etc) except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e.g. Mail, User Accounts, Shop, etc. Then it says something along the lines of "Cannot use this service without an internet connection - please connect and try again." When I run Network Diagnostics as the prompt recommends - it says I am connected and cannot find a problem.

It doesn't always happen - but it seems to be determined on start-up. If I restart it now it might be working next launch - but 75% of the time it will encounter the same issue. It's been happening for months now but I've sort of gotten used to using my phone to check my emails - but I've now encountered an issue with one of my hard drives being unable to be searched (tried indexing, etc) and the only step I've found that I haven't tried says it could be a corrupted user account - but I cannot update my user account without "connecting to the internet". -_-

The system is up to date. No driver updates available.

3mptylord, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT - Similar Threads - Network Internet Says

2. Network & Internet Connections shows that I'm not connected to the internet, but I can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network & Internet Connections shows that I'm not connected to the internet, but I can...: Starting just today, shortly after the start of the afternoon my computer began displaying the icon for no internet connections, and I am unable to figure out how to fix it. As it goes, the only things I cannot seem to connect to the internet on are the actual Windows apps...
  3. Network & Internet Connections shows that I'm not connected to the internet, but I can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network & Internet Connections shows that I'm not connected to the internet, but I can...: Starting just today, shortly after the start of the afternoon my computer began displaying the icon for no internet connections, and I am unable to figure out how to fix it. As it goes, the only things I cannot seem to connect to the internet on are the actual Windows apps...
  4. Network & Internet Connections shows that I'm not connected to the internet, but I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet: Hey, I have a problem in the microsoft store that says I'm not connected to the internet. I am trying to download a game on my PC, but when I click the "Get" button, an icon appears saying, "You will need the Internet for this" and it has the error code 0x800704cf. I'm not...
  6. I'm connected to network but no internet

I'm connected to network but no internet: I am SUPER annoyed by the fact that I cannot get acces to inter net even when Im connected to it. Im connected to it wirelessly. My other devices which are connected to the same network have internet.... My laptop is the only device that has that problem... I have tried many...
  7. I can browse the Internet but it says i'm not connected.

I can browse the Internet but it says i'm not connected.: I'm connected to the internet and I can browse on internet, play online games and install programs. However it says I'm not connected to the network this stops me from downloading new network updates or logging onto adobe to do work. Sometimes when the PC is shutdown and...
  8. "No internet, secured," but I'm connected to the internet

"No internet, secured," but I'm connected to the internet: Recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903. It tells me I'm not connected to the internet, but I am. Also, network & internet setting won't open....
  9. Store says I'm not connected to Internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store says I'm not connected to Internet: The store says that I'm not connected to the Internet when obviously I am. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-says-im-not-connected-to-internet/e457b3bc-8054-47e0-9967-f2365759a1e8"
  10. Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet

Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet: I am currently connected through Ethernet and am able to access the internet and any other programs that require the internet. My computer says that I'm "Connected" through Ethernet, but the icon shows that it isn't connected. It also says it isn't connected in the "Network &...