Windows 10: Windows Network Panel crashes

Discus and support Windows Network Panel crashes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since fairly recently possibly since the January 12 cumulative update when I click on the network icon in the system tray the panel pops up with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamestebby, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Windows Network Panel crashes

Since fairly recently possibly since the January 12 cumulative update when I click on the network icon in the system tray the panel pops up with the ... throbber at the top and then after a second or two crashes

Event Viewer shows an application error:

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.19041.610, time stamp: 0x5d4af3f4

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xec58f015

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000010bd5c

Faulting process ID: 0x1334

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6ee9e7ad7cf12

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report ID: b6a712c2-de8c-4859-9621-ba8031685b5d

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.19041.610_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

But I haven't really found anything relevant when searching for stuff. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the hardware as it still connects to my network and I can retrieve the connection/network information on the command-line with netsh wlan

I've tried updating the driver and rolling back to the last one, I have installed all OS updates and all hardware drivers/firmware that windows update suggested. I'm at a bit of a loss on what I can do to resolve this

As a workaround I have installed an app that allows me to switch WiFi networks etc, but this is less convenient than the inbuilt widget.

Any idea how I can fix this?

:)

jamestebby, Jan 19, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 19, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Windows Network Panel crashes

Network adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    For games I suggest you to disable the proxy settings and then try to download the games.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows Network Panel crashes

1. Windows Network Panel crashes - Similar Threads - Network Panel crashes

2. My Network and internet panel in the settings crashes every time I click it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Network and internet panel in the settings crashes every time I click it: For some reason whenever I click on my Network and Internet panel on settings it crashes, I believe its effecting me update to windows 11 and effecting downloading microsoft apps. I've reset my pc and still to no avail it crashes on that panel...
  3. Start panel Crashing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start panel Crashing on Windows 11: On my PC that was running Windows 10 - I have now installed Windows 11 pro 64 bit from an ISO install - so fresh clean machine.Installed my apps such as Office 365 etc and all ok. But now when I press on the START key I get the windows with the apps and the Settings...
  4. Start panel Crashing on Windows 11

Start panel Crashing on Windows 11: On my PC that was running Windows 10 - I have now installed Windows 11 pro 64 bit from an ISO install - so fresh clean machine.Installed my apps such as Office 365 etc and all ok. But now when I press on the START key I get the windows with the apps and the Settings...
  5. Issues with the Networks and Internet panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with the Networks and Internet panel: When I click on the Networks and Internet panel from the Settings button, the panel appears for 2 seconds then dessapears closing the Settings app in the mean time. My Windows 10 version is up to date apart from the fact that now the Windows Update panel shows this message :...
  6. Issues with the Networks and Internet panel

Issues with the Networks and Internet panel: When I click on the Networks and Internet panel from the Settings button, the panel appears for 2 seconds then dessapears closing the Settings app in the mean time. My Windows 10 version is up to date apart from the fact that now the Windows Update panel shows this message :...
  7. Issues with the Networks and Internet panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Graphics panel crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics panel crashing: Hey everyone! I was wondering how do I stop Intel UHD Graphics Panel from crashing every time I click on gaming or on power or on options and support. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-panel-crashing/187e8c3a-e86f-4e5f-9569-066b0f91a239
  9. Control Panel crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel crashing: Hi I have installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 19608.rs_prerelease.200410-1438 But every time I try and launch control panel it shows the grey screen with the cog and then disappears, Also I am trying to personalise my desktop and I get the...
  10. Control Panel Crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Crashing: My explorer crashes and restarts every time I tried to run the control panel, and the control panel will disappear as a result. Event viewer reveals that the faulty module that causes the crash is ucrtbase.dll. I have tried to repair all the C++ modules available but with no...