Windows 10: Windows network & sharing and Windows Defender Firewall showing wireless connection as...

Discus and support Windows network & sharing and Windows Defender Firewall showing wireless connection as... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello: Looking for assistance on the below: Wireless card dropped from provider several times this week. Worked with provider and got 2.4 and 5G... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KD&2, Apr 8, 2021.

1. KD&2 Win User

Windows network & sharing and Windows Defender Firewall showing wireless connection as...

Hello:

Looking for assistance on the below:

Wireless card dropped from provider several times this week. Worked with provider and got 2.4 and 5G back. Setup as private and secured network. But, when going to connect and remove off Ethernet and over to the wireless card I connect and again it shows secure and private, but on the Win Network & Sharing page it is showing public and only the Ethernet as private yet wireless shows as public. I was able to get it back to private, but, it keeps going back to public. Does anyone know why?

In addition to the above, under the Win Defender Firewall, it shows Ethernet connection as public and lists the wireless under guest or public connection. I would assume that it syncs to what is showing under Win Network & Sharing, and when it keeps switching then the it moves from private to public.

Again, looking to see if anyone has any advice or direction here. I have had issues as someone from the outside took down only my wireless the other day and had to work with the provider to get it back up and running. This morning, it noted while I was reviewing security footage in app that someone else was reviewing the footage and that should not be feasible.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

KD&2, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Unable to connect to wireless network

Hi Nina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in connecting to wireless network from your phone.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Is your computer able to connect to the wireless network from any other devices like a router or a different phone?
    2. What is the exact error code/ error message you are receiving when you attempt the wireless network connection?

This problem occurs when a wireless network profile with the same identifier or the network name (SSID) as the network you want to connect already exists.

However, I would suggest you to refer the article Fix network connection issues in Windows
    for the troubleshooting steps.

Note: This article includes to “Temporarily turn off firewalls” and “Antivirus” as one of the work around.

If you have Windows 10, you’ll get the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender is on and actively helping to protect your PC by scanning for malware (malicious software),
    viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your PC. Windows Update downloads updates for Windows Defender automatically to help keep your PC safe and protect it from threats.

Hope it helps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows network & sharing and Windows Defender Firewall showing wireless connection as...

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Windows network & sharing and Windows Defender Firewall showing wireless connection as... :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows network & sharing and Windows Defender Firewall showing wireless connection as... - Similar Threads - network sharing Defender

2. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  3. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  4. Shared printer shows on network but will not connect - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer shows on network but will not connect - Windows 11: My Win 11 machine was connecting OK to a printer on another machine on the network. After update KB5020622 22H the printer no longer shows on the list of printers and will not reinstall.This is what I've done...Added the latest Win11 driver from the manufacturer's siteGone to...
  5. Shared printer shows on network but will not connect - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printer shows on network but will not connect - Windows 11: My Win 11 machine was connecting OK to a printer on another machine on the network. After update KB5020622 22H the printer no longer shows on the list of printers and will not reinstall.This is what I've done...Added the latest Win11 driver from the manufacturer's siteGone to...
  6. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  7. Manually connect to wireless network not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually connect to wireless network not showing: I’m trying to manually connect my desktop to WiFi. I looked up the steps to do this on google and they tell me to go to network and sharing center, and then click “Set up a new connection or network.” After this I am supposed to click on “Manually connect to wireless...
  8. Network Shares blocked by firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Shares blocked by firewall: Hello, I am currently having issues with Windows firewall on one machine blocking other computers access to its File shares. I believe it is the firewall because if I turn it off on the affected computer, I can access it's shares without issue From any computer in the...
  9. Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on

Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on: I have a computer on a private network that is not visible from any computer unless I turn off the Windows Defender Firewall. All are running Windows 10. Network settings for private network are the same for 5 computers. [img] The following services were all set as follows...
  10. Network & Sharing Bluetooth shows "Not Connected" ?

Network & Sharing Bluetooth shows "Not Connected" ?: I am trying to discern if my Intel Bluetooth device is not really correctly installed yet. This is on a Zenbook UX305FA - has Intel WIFI + Bluetooth. Would not pair with anything so I turned off the WIFI, uninstalled Bluetooth device and Driver [tickbox checked]....