Windows 10: Windows networking is awful

Discus and support Windows networking is awful in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm a Mac user. Not by choice, we use windows machines in our office. Why do other computers show up as media devices? Why do they on occasion show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dr. A. R.Scopelliti, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Windows networking is awful

I'm a Mac user. Not by choice, we use windows machines in our office. Why do other computers show up as media devices? Why do they on occasion show up as computers? Why does it take days for files put on the network to show up?

Please advise???

:)

Dr. A. R.Scopelliti, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Aug 5, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Windows networking is awful

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows networking is awful

1. Windows networking is awful - Similar Threads - networking awful

2. How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain: Attempting to add a virtual windows 2022 server to domain. Receive computername/domain changes message "error occured attempting to join the domain. Netpdodomainjoin status 0x40. Event id 4097 error code 64. test net connection to dc returns true....
  3. How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve the specified network name is no longer valid while adding 2022 server to domain: Attempting to add a virtual windows 2022 server to domain. Receive computername/domain changes message "error occured attempting to join the domain. Netpdodomainjoin status 0x40. Event id 4097 error code 64. test net connection to dc returns true....
  4. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  5. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  6. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...: The Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs....
  8. pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...

pdate sitiator Click-t ort ort Cont are Shac ge Space The Network Connected Devices...: The Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs....
  9. Mapping a network drive hosted on AWS EC2 Windows Server Instance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping a network drive hosted on AWS EC2 Windows Server Instance: Hi,I have hosted a AWS EC2 Windows Server instance which is working well with all the necessary ports enabled in the firewall for TCP and UDP for allowing RDP as well as File Sharing.I am able to connect via Remote Desktop to the server from any place I carry my Windows 11...
  10. Mapping a network drive hosted on AWS EC2 Windows Server Instance

Mapping a network drive hosted on AWS EC2 Windows Server Instance: Hi,I have hosted a AWS EC2 Windows Server instance which is working well with all the necessary ports enabled in the firewall for TCP and UDP for allowing RDP as well as File Sharing.I am able to connect via Remote Desktop to the server from any place I carry my Windows 11...