Windows 10: Windows networking is awful

Discus and support Windows networking is awful in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm a Mac user. Not by choice, we use windows machines in our office. Why do other computers show up as media devices? Why do they on occasion show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dr. A. R.Scopelliti, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Windows networking is awful

I'm a Mac user. Not by choice, we use windows machines in our office. Why do other computers show up as media devices? Why do they on occasion show up as computers? Why does it take days for files put on the network to show up?

Please advise???

:)

Dr. A. R.Scopelliti, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Aug 5, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Windows networking is awful

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows networking is awful

1. Windows networking is awful - Similar Threads - networking awful

2. "Printer Not Installed" Message when printing in Apps. Network Status confirmed. Test Page...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Printer Not Installed" Message when printing in Apps. Network Status confirmed. Test Page...: Updated Windows with most receipt update. Printing is not an option within MS Applications, Notepad, or any other locally installed app. Only able to print from the Web. Please provide troubleshooting steps to remedy. I have spent 4 days with Microsoft Advisors,HP for...
  3. multiple wifi adapters - auto-connect network SSID per adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple wifi adapters - auto-connect network SSID per adapter?: OK... I have two WiFi adapters.. one internal and one USB. Is it possible to have settings for each adapter to only auto-connect to a specific SSID per adapter? i.e. My main adapter I want SSID HOME and HOME2 to auto-connect only. My USB adapter I want SSID...
  4. Can't connect to ssh from windows 10 laptop on local network

Can't connect to ssh from windows 10 laptop on local network: I used to be able to connect my Windows 10 laptop to my Fedora box on the local network and remotely, but now I can only connect remotely. My Windows 10 desktop can still connect. When I bought this laptop it had problems with FTP - if I tried to ftp multiple files, for...
  5. Network Discovery Issue - 1903 W10 Pro X64

Network Discovery Issue - 1903 W10 Pro X64: Hi all, I have got a weird intermittent issue with a recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro PC which has been updated from 1803 to 1903. The PC shares a printer and files. Before the upgrade, their hasn't been any issue with the PC until after upgrading to 1903. Ever since...
  6. Lost Network Computer

Lost Network Computer: I have two desktop computers (Windows 10 and Windows 7) and a Laptop (Windows 10). Until recently they were connected by the same WiFi network and were all visible. Now I can see the two Desktops on each Desktop machine, but not the Laptop, and although I can see both...
  7. I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I...: I do not have a Wi-Fi connection ability in settings, under network connections. how do I get this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-a-wi-fi-connection-ability-in/779ccb67-b62a-4b85-b2ef-f1f0fc3232a4
  8. Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive

Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive: I have a NAS (WD My Cloud) on my home network and I have always added a drive on my networked computers using drive M as their Music drives. But recently My Network drive went down and I had to reinstall all the files on it's replacement drive. I gave the new network drive4...
  9. network

network: I hav 3 computers on a network. On two of the computers I can connect to all three and access all three. On the third computer I can access one but when I try to access the other I get the error message "Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not have permission to...
  10. Windows networking?

Windows networking?: Why does windows offer networking when it doesn’t work? I’m an Apple user. Mac networks work flawlessly. In my office, we have seven PCs. Uploading files to the network, said files can only be seen from the file that I actually uploaded them. Frequently all of the computers...