Windows 10: Windows never remember applications position on dual screen setup

Discus and support Windows never remember applications position on dual screen setup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I am on Windows 10 Pro Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 card Intel core i9 processor Dual monitor setup: 1. Dell P2415Q secondary screen 2. Wacom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sesamme, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Sesamme Win User

Windows never remember applications position on dual screen setup

Hi

I am on Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 card

Intel core i9 processor

Dual monitor setup:

1. Dell P2415Q secondary screen

2. Wacom Cintiq 22" main screen

The problem is that all my applications windows positions always reset to the primary monitor after the computer wakes up from sleep.

I cannot find

:)

Sesamme, Jul 8, 2020
  2. MesPia Win User

Nice if Start screen "remembered" its position

This is not really a problem to be solved now, but a suggestion to Microsoft for a future update or version of Windows.

It would be nice if the Start screen remembered its position. For example, if I open the Start screen and scroll down to those applications that start with the letter "W", the next time I open the Start screen, it reverts back to displaying the top of the
    list. It would be nice if it "remembered" I was on "W" and opened at that position.

MesPia, Jul 8, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Remember window position?

Two things though:

- at least Edge doesn't spill onto the next monitor when hopping around through repeated opening and closings like Explorer used to!

- also, if the window edge/screen edge margin is very small, Edge will only remember approx. 6 positions:

Windows never remember applications position on dual screen setup [​IMG]

... if the margin is large, Edge will remember about 20 positions!

Windows never remember applications position on dual screen setup [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows never remember applications position on dual screen setup - Similar Threads - never remember applications

2. RDP doesnt remember window position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP doesnt remember window position: RDP app is resetting its position randomly everytime I maximize to full screen and then restore down. Even when you snap the RDP window to a position, for instance the left half of the screen, when you maximize and then restore down, the window's bottom border is off the...
  3. RDP doesnt remember window position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP doesnt remember window position: RDP app is resetting its position randomly everytime I maximize to full screen and then restore down. Even when you snap the RDP window to a position, for instance the left half of the screen, when you maximize and then restore down, the window's bottom border is off the...
  4. RDP doesnt remember window position

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 not Remembering Notepad Window Position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not Remembering Notepad Window Position: Does anyone know why the system does not remember the last window position of the new 2023 Notepad? Previously, when I closed the window of the old version of Notepad, the system remembered its window position, so that the window opened at the same place where it had been...
  6. Windows 11 not Remembering Notepad Window Position

Windows 11 not Remembering Notepad Window Position: Does anyone know why the system does not remember the last window position of the new 2023 Notepad? Previously, when I closed the window of the old version of Notepad, the system remembered its window position, so that the window opened at the same place where it had been...
  7. DVD not "remembering" pause position.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD not "remembering" pause position.: Hi. New to Win10, but reasonably computer-savvy.... I upgraded wife's PC from Win 7 Home to Win !0, with the promise that she would not lose any of her photos and docs, and that all would be Good. It more-or-less is so; but there is a gremlin. She likes to watch DVDs on her...
  8. How to have File Explorer remember position on-screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to have File Explorer remember position on-screen: I really would like file explorer to stay in the middle of the screen. Constantly having to move it from the upper left corner of the screen is time consuming! Thank you...
  9. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  10. Remember window position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember window position?: In every version of Windows 10 I have used, including the most recent official build (and unlike every previous Windows including XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc...) my window positions on the desktop are not remembered (sticky) each time I close the window. Meaning that each time I...