Windows 10: Windows new update question

Discus and support Windows new update question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was going through my services and did this new update add more to the running services? Also I never saw this one before TokenBroker....what is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, Apr 15, 2017.

1. debgram Win User

Windows new update question

I was going through my services and did this new update add more to the running services? Also I never saw this one before TokenBroker....what is it and I have this next to it.......<Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >

Thanks for any help!

:)

debgram, Apr 15, 2017

2. Important question on the new update

@sama2015

Depends upon which region device was originally marketed, because if Arabic language pack has been subsequently added by Nokia Care Point it will be lost upon updating as will revert to language(s) pre-determined by it's product code.

aspergerguy, Apr 15, 2017
  3. sama2015 Win User
    Important question on the new update

Hello

I am Mobile Nokia c7

And verily I wanted to update the new Nokia Nokel Belle

And I wanted to know is the program in which the Arabic language

I want Arabic language

with the rest of the languages

Because of me some of my friends lost their Arabic in the update and they said to me that

The new update is not the Arabic Language

I want Arabic language

I ask for clarification

What do I do

thank you

sama2015, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Windows new update question

I have that also but mine says "running" shows it in netsvcs. Don't know what it is though.

stealth2920, Apr 15, 2017
  5. debgram Win User
    Yeah mine is running too but it says that under description.

debgram, Apr 15, 2017
  6. EliteData Win User
    the registry entry for the service description cannot be accessed by the current logged on user because the registry key is "protected" with configured access/owner permissions.
    TokenBroker is part of windows store.

EliteData, Apr 16, 2017
  7. debgram Win User
    Ok but why do I have this in the services description of it.....<Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 >

debgram, Apr 16, 2017
  8. EliteData Win User

its like trying to access a folder that you dont have permissions to view/open.
    the same thing applies here.
    its trying to read a registry key (or if the description meta is from the file, it cant read it from the file) because it does not have the applicable access permissions to read it (most likely a security related reason)
    the description for every service under services.msc is located in the windows registry.
    most of the description meta comes from the file itself such as "plug and play" > @%SystemRoot%\system32\umpnpmgr.dll,-101
    some descriptions can be manually entered in the registry key.

EliteData, Apr 16, 2017
  9. debgram Win User
    so is it ok like that or do i need to do something?

debgram, Apr 16, 2017
  10. EliteData Win User
    its perfectly fine. there is no detrimental side effect of what youre seeing.
    its just an "artifact" of how windows is "protecting" access to certain files.
    nothing to worry about at all.

EliteData, Apr 16, 2017
  11. debgram Win User
    Ok cool, thanks for your help. Would you happen to know if all the services running that came from this new update absolutely need to be running? Is someone going to come up with an update list of things I can put on manual or disable?

debgram, Apr 16, 2017
  12. EliteData Win User
    typically, i never set any services to "disabled" simply because every windows installation is different depending on hardware, type of OS (pro, home, etc) and user/system configuration and if a service is "disabled" and is needed, it will not start and that could cause detrimental issues.
    i set non critical services to manual but keep critical services to their respective startup states of automatic.
    depending on your configuration, there may be some services that you may not want set to "manual" because some user/program interactions may not start those services (an example service is "nvidia display container LS", the nvidia graphic options dont appear when you "right click on blank desktop" > shell window
    setting some services to "manual" is a similar equivalent to "disabled" but those services will generally execute when it is "called" upon demand during a user or program interaction, not all of them will execute during user/program interaction though.
    ive attached a screen shot of the critical base services set to "automatic" for my configuration, windows 10 x64 pro (creators update 1703) (some services are greyed out and cannot be changed unless done through the registry, i left these alone as theres a reason why MS intended it to be that way and some services will change back to their previous startup state despite how many times you change it) though as i said, "critical" services will depend on your user/system configuration, hardware and type of OS.
    be aware though, there are more areas where programs can start up, this includes task scheduler and task manager > "startup" as well as "third ring" low level drivers.

Windows new update question [​IMG]

EliteData, Apr 17, 2017
  13. debgram Win User

I have all those set like you have there. I'm using the home version. I disabled things like the bluetooth cause I don't use it and the homegroup stuff.

debgram, Apr 17, 2017
  14. EliteData Win User
    just remember that its disabled in the event you use BT though windows should be smart enough by now to tell you that its disabled if you try to use it.

EliteData, Apr 17, 2017
  15. debgram Win User
    Oh yeah I remember that bluetooth one. Thanks for your help

debgram, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows new update question - Similar Threads - update question

2. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  3. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  4. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions

I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions: I'm trying to update financial information for barclays credit card ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-update-financial-information-by/7abd780f-9144-4230-a672-6222bb748608
  6. I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions: I'm trying to update financial information for barclays credit card ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-update-financial-information-by/7abd780f-9144-4230-a672-6222bb748608
  7. I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Question on update KB5034441 & get the Fail message Failed to install on ‎1/‎12/‎2024 -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question on update KB5034441 & get the Fail message Failed to install on ‎1/‎12/‎2024 -...: To anyone that can shed light on this topic,I have been trying to do an update for KB5034441 & get the Fail message: Failed to install on ‎1/‎12/‎2024 - 0x80070643.Last year I had a previous issue when I tried to restore using the Windows Restore from the active drive....
  9. Question on update KB5034441 & get the Fail message Failed to install on ‎1/‎12/‎2024 -...

Question on update KB5034441 & get the Fail message Failed to install on ‎1/‎12/‎2024 -...: To anyone that can shed light on this topic,I have been trying to do an update for KB5034441 & get the Fail message: Failed to install on ‎1/‎12/‎2024 - 0x80070643.Last year I had a previous issue when I tried to restore using the Windows Restore from the active drive....
  10. Question on update KB5034441 & get the Fail message Failed to install on ‎1/‎12/‎2024 -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade