Windows 10: Windows New Updates Makes My PC Unresponsive By Keeping Harddrive Usage at 100%!!

Discus and support Windows New Updates Makes My PC Unresponsive By Keeping Harddrive Usage at 100%!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am facing lot of difficulties since these updates have been released !! Since two days My Harddrive is running on 100% on Ethernet connection and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hammad Mohsin Farooqui, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Windows New Updates Makes My PC Unresponsive By Keeping Harddrive Usage at 100%!!

I am facing lot of difficulties since these updates have been released !!

Since two days My Harddrive is running on 100% on Ethernet connection and it's nearly impossible to do any work on my PC. If I connect my PC with my mobile through hotspot as metered connection then harddrive acts normally.

Even if I've changed the Ethernet connection as metered connection, but still it makes my PC unusable and harddive usage reach to 100% continuously.

Kindly tell what should I do ?

:)

Hammad Mohsin Farooqui, Jan 19, 2021

2. Windows 10, 100% disk usage

Hi Eric,

Sometimes your computer could run very slow even though you have only very few programs running. Since you're having issue with your 100% disk usage, it is always suggested that you keep your device drivers updated to eliminate the possibility of such problems.

Let us walk you through some steps that may help us resolve your issue. Follow the steps below:

Step 1:
    Update device drivers

This will help us remove/delete any corrupted data and issues with the PC hardware and make their operations work.

Step 2: Disable Antivirus Software and Windows Defender.

If you have installed antivirus or anti-malware programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, AVG, or Malwarebytes, it is suggested that you turn them off or disable them temporary to see if the disk usage could be back to normal. If the antivirus or anti-malware
    software is at fault, we suggest that you consult the software manufacturers to see if they can provide some help.

Hope the above information helps.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - 100% Disk Usage in Device Manager

A concerning issue I am currently facing with my PC is the disk usage, where my PC is best described as lethargic during start up, and less commonly but evidently unresponsive afterwards. Upon checking the task manager, it informs me the disk usage is at
    100% - so obviously something is draining this feature. What isn't so obvious is what is causing this, despite the task manager alerting me to the numerous software which is causing it. I end the task for the notable issues, and the 100% warning still
    remains. This has happened to me over a year ago, and I did a restore and wiped everything. This fixed the issue for me temporarily, and the 100% disk usage came back to me within a few weeks. At the moment I
    have 1.2TB of the 1.81TB SSHD space free, and my computer specs are below (I don't know if this will be useful).

Windows New Updates Makes My PC Unresponsive By Keeping Harddrive Usage at 100%!! 24e2a6f2-8df8-4416-bd42-fccd5ccc07ab.png

I have searched online and I have found a guide which I have linked
    here
    . I have completed each and every step that the guide asks me, and I keep running into this 100% disk usage. For a run down, I have:

• Disabled Windows Search
    • Disabled Super Fetch
    • Performed a Disk Check (Took 8 hours, did nothing!)
    • Reset Virtual Memory
    • Changed the settings in Google and Skype
    • Fix the "StorAHCI.sys driver"
    • Updated device drivers

At this moment, I am stumped into what to try next. I am reluctant to restore everything off my machine again, as the issue came back to me within a few weeks. Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Chester

Chester Armstrong, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows New Updates Makes My PC Unresponsive By Keeping Harddrive Usage at 100%!!

System unresponsive at max RAM usage

yeah maximum usage will make even simple input completely unresponsive.

Solaris17, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows New Updates Makes My PC Unresponsive By Keeping Harddrive Usage at 100%!!

1. Windows New Updates Makes My PC Unresponsive By Keeping Harddrive Usage at 100%!! - Similar Threads - Updates Makes Unresponsive

2. brand new pc with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brand new pc with 100% disk usage: hey i got this new brand new laptop "i5 10th gen 8gb 1tb hdd " but it has 100% disk usage i thought it was because of the windows update thing but the problem is still there even though i have no app opened and no update running in the backgroundand one thing that i think it...
  3. brand new pc with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brand new pc with 100% disk usage: hey i got this new brand new laptop "i5 10th gen 8gb 1tb hdd " but it has 100% disk usage i thought it was because of the windows update thing but the problem is still there even though i have no app opened and no update running in the backgroundand one thing that i think it...
  4. brand new pc with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brand new pc with 100% disk usage: hey i got this new brand new laptop "i5 10th gen 8gb 1tb hdd " but it has 100% disk usage i thought it was because of the windows update thing but the problem is still there even though i have no app opened and one thing that i think it was the thing that caused it i bought...
  5. Trying to make a new main harddrive, Windows 10 is making me bald

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to make a new main harddrive, Windows 10 is making me bald: submitted by /u/DrMeatCack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tql1ev/trying_to_make_a_new_main_harddrive_windows_10_is/
  6. Snip & Sketch makes PC freeze \ 100% CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch makes PC freeze \ 100% CPU usage.: [ATTACH] As the title says, snip & sketch started acting up. The program will either work as intended, make my pc freeze, or will fail saving a screenshot. Its been this way for over a month now, and my PC is more than capable of taking a screenshot, lmao. I tried...
  7. Pc 100% disk usage

Pc 100% disk usage: [IMG]Im not really sure whats causing the 100% disk usage. Also what is “Host Process for Windows tasks” because thats taking up a lot of my memory and ive never seen it before. Please help me with this issue....
  8. Please help something makes my cpu usage on 100%

Please help something makes my cpu usage on 100%: Recently after playing gta v, my pc restarted without my permission when it booted up again it was lagging very bad, after opening task manager my cpu usage was on 100% by app called Services and Controller app, please help!! I cant even do a single task! Thanks...
  9. Windows Commonly Becomes Unresponsive, C: Drive %100 Usage

Windows Commonly Becomes Unresponsive, C: Drive %100 Usage: Every once in awhile the program I am using becomes unresponsive, then everything on my screen becomes unresponsive, then my mouse freezes. This happens three to four a day and I keep Task Manager always open to see if I can pinpoint the problem. When I had it on the...
  10. preinstalled windows in harddrive make it work in new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    preinstalled windows in harddrive make it work in new laptop: Hi, I brought my laptop in 2013 with windows 8 preinstalled. Later the device updated to Windows 8.1 and then to Windows 10. Currently am using my laptop with genuine digitally activated windows 10. Recently the laptop has shown serious hardware issues, the repair person I...