Windows 10: Windows no longer active after upgrade

Discus and support Windows no longer active after upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU and other items. The computer booted up just fine, and everything was the same as it was with my old setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by T Copp 28, Mar 6, 2020.

1. T Copp 28 Win User

Windows no longer active after upgrade

I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU and other items. The computer booted up just fine, and everything was the same as it was with my old setup used the same SSD's, except now I have the text in the lower right screen saying I need to activate Windows.

I went through the Troubleshooter and picked the option that says, "I've recently changed hardware in my computer." It goes to the next screen, I select my PC, click activate, but then it says either there was an error, or the servers are down right now. My key that I got to activate Windows in 2015 does not work.

:)

T Copp 28, Mar 6, 2020

2. Windows no longer active it says windows not activated.

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know how did you upgraded to Windows 10 through Windows update or Windows 10 ISO?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you try activating the Windows using phone. Follow the below steps to activate the Windows by phone.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Run

• Type slui 4 in the box and hit Enter Key.

• Select your 'Country' from the list.

• Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

• Stay on the phone and wait for a person to help you.

• And also you can explain your problem clearly to the support person.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows in future, let us know and will be happy to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Activating Windows 10 after upgrade

Hi Varghese,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform that as you are using an Genuine Windows 7 in your system,
    Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.

If you still face issues with Activation after upgrading to Windows 10, suggest you to activate the Operating System through phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for any other assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 6, 2020
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows no longer active after upgrade [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows no longer active after upgrade - Similar Threads - longer active upgrade

2. Windows 10 Enterprise no longer activated after hardware repair, how to upgrade to windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise no longer activated after hardware repair, how to upgrade to windows...: I had a PC built five years ago with an i7 and a 1080 graphics card with RAID 10. One of the drives died, and I replaced it. But now my Windows 10 Enterprise edition installed for the new build years ago says it is not activated. I see the last 4 digits of the license key in...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise no longer activated after hardware repair, how to upgrade to windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise no longer activated after hardware repair, how to upgrade to windows...: I had a PC built five years ago with an i7 and a 1080 graphics card with RAID 10. One of the drives died, and I replaced it. But now my Windows 10 Enterprise edition installed for the new build years ago says it is not activated. I see the last 4 digits of the license key in...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise no longer activated after hardware repair, how to upgrade to windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 upgraded from windows 10 no longer activated after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgraded from windows 10 no longer activated after reset: Hi,I upgraded my version of windows 11 from a fully activated version of windows 10 some time back November 16, 2021. Last night I suddenly got boot looped and despite my efforts I was forced to refresh my PC with files intact. Windows seemed to have broke as even Safe Mode...
  6. Windows 11 upgraded from windows 10 no longer activated after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgraded from windows 10 no longer activated after reset: Hi,I upgraded my version of windows 11 from a fully activated version of windows 10 some time back November 16, 2021. Last night I suddenly got boot looped and despite my efforts I was forced to refresh my PC with files intact. Windows seemed to have broke as even Safe Mode...
  7. Windows Not Activating After Upgrades

Windows Not Activating After Upgrades: Previously, I bought Windows 8.1 as a physical copy and ran it until Windows 10 was released. I upgraded to Windows 10 Home Edition and reinstalled that copy a few times on the machine. Just today, however, it said that my copy of Windows wasn't activated, so I took out my...
  8. Windows 10 no longer activated after upgrading from Home to Pro version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no longer activated after upgrading from Home to Pro version: Hello, I purchased a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home edition. As this laptop is for work, I need to access my company's servers and for this I was told I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I did this via Windows Settings that took me to the Microsoft...
  9. Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro

Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro: Hi, I am writing in hope that somebody from Microsoft is able to help me with this. I have tried the regular support channels, and my experience has unfortunately been as bad as it gets. So the problem is that I upgraded my ~2 years old hp spectre laptop from Windows 10...
  10. Activation after upgrade?

Activation after upgrade?: I updated from Windows 7 Professional N to Windows 10 Professional N successfully and I am fully activated. If I choose to re-install the OS as a fresh install from USB, will the CD key be recognized or will I need to do Windows 7 > Windows 10 all over again? I tried a fresh...