Windows 10: Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update

Discus and support Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, after I update Windows to 1903, it no longer display chinese, japanese... and appear as squares instead on some apps and games. It still does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HelpWin10, Jun 30, 2019.

1. HelpWin10 Win User

Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update

Hi, after I update Windows to 1903, it no longer display chinese, japanese... and appear as squares instead on some apps and games. It still does display it correctly on Settings some apps like Chrome and UWP apps.
    This is how it looks like:
    Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update fp8yxCt.png

I installed chinese language, didn't help. I know it wasn't required at all because I never ever had this issue on previous versions way back to Vista in my entire life. It was only XP days that it was required

I ran the following to repair

•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    •- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    •- DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    •- sfc /scannow

No repair, nothing wrong with the system. Everything are fine.

After I read about Reliablility Monitor, i checked it and i see fontdrvhost.exe stopped working everyday.

Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update pKGGMrq.png
    So i assume it was font problem?

tried to restore fonts to default but didn't help. I couldn't find more infomation about fontdrvhost.exe

About identity V, when i switch to chinese, it does display correctly. But on english, it doesn't. Very strange
    Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update lsFYSIP.png
    Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update 00Qz2bN.png

Anyone know how to fix it?

:)

HelpWin10, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Tiero Chi Win User

Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 immediately after installing the April 2018 Update.

If you are running a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 and are experiencing any of these problems, try these steps to resolve them:

Symptom 1:
    You may not able to type Japanese or Traditional Chinese characters when first signing into your account.

If you are connected to the Internet, you can wait for the IME dictionaries to download.
    If you’d prefer not to wait, or if are not connected to the Internet,
    when selecting your operating system language, please choose a Japanese or Traditional Chinese operating system.
    These languages include pre-loaded IME dictionaries.
    In some cases, your PC manufacturer or enterprise may offer a customized Windows 10 you may choose that already includes an IME dictionary to avoid this problem.

Symptom 2:
    You may not be able to type Japanese or Traditional Chinese characters if your do not have an Internet connection or before the dictionary is downloaded.

If you think you might have problems downloading the IME dictionary, first check if the download was successful.
    To do this, open Settings, and select Apps.
    Then select Manage Optional Features. If your Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME dictionaries have been successfully installed, you should see “Japanese typing” or “Chinese (Taiwan) typing
    within the list of Optional Features.

If you don’t see a successful download, try resolving this issue by manually downloading the IME dictionary.
    (These steps require an Internet connection.)

1. At the Start menu, click Cortana’s search box and type “Command Prompt”.
    2. Right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select
      Run as Administrator.
    3. In the Command Prompt window, type one of the following command and press Enter to install the basic typing Features on Demand package:
    • For Japanese basic typing:
    DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~ja-JP~0.0.1.0

• For Traditional Chinese basic typing:
    DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~zh-TW~0.0.1.0

Symptom 3:
    Windows server update services (WSUS) may not detect your Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME in some corporate environments.

If you’re using Windows 10 Enterprise in a corporate environment and can't type Japanese or Traditional Chinese characters, please ask your local IT administrator for help.

You can find detailed information about Features on Demand and Language Packs in Windows 10 at these English-language sites:

Language packages

Features on demand

Language features on demand

Tiero Chi, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 immediately after installing the April 2018 Update.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the issue that you are facing, while using IME?

Usually, when you add the Japanese IME or Traditional Chinese IME on an English version of Windows, you will not have the functionality to type using the IME, while the dictionary is downloading in the background and you might experience some delay.

However, if you have downloaded the language pack and facing issues while using it, I’d suggest you to refer this thread on

Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 immediately after installing the April 2018 Update
    and check the answer posted by
    Tiero Chi and check if it helps.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update

Cannot Install Chinese QWERTY and Japanese QWERTY.

I wanted to install the Chinese QWERTY and Japanese QWERTY on my lumia phone, it's English based system when I bought. Every time when downloading the Chinese QWERTY and Japanese QWERTY, I kept getting the following error message "The test suggestions
    update for this keyboard didn't download successfully."

Can any of your experts let me know what I should to do to correct the problem? By the way, I was using WiFi to connect to Internet.

Many Thanks.

Ning Huang, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update

1. Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update - Similar Threads - longer display chinese

2. Cant type Korean, Japanese or Chinese on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant type Korean, Japanese or Chinese on windows 10: i could download Vietnamese, English, French keyboard and they appeared symbol like i put red color but with Korean, Japanese, Chinese they couldnt appear symbol like VIE, EN, FRA? cuz of that, i coundnt type those languages which have no symbol...
  3. Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can no longer connect to printer (after Windows Update 1903): Unfortunately I installed Update 1903, and since then my Lenovo Yoga laptop will no longer print to -- or even detect -- the printer at my shared workspace. I tried recovering to the previous Windows version, but that hasn't changed anything. When I try to add it manually...
  4. Windows 10 | No longer color calibration after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 | No longer color calibration after 1903 update: hey. just updated to windows 10 1903 update, and my laptop screen is not calibarted anymore as it used to be before the update, now it's slightly cooler and without contrast. I tired some solution with the Task Schedule, but none of them worked. I need to fix this asap,...
  5. Windows 10 | No longer color calibartion after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 | No longer color calibartion after 1903 update: hey. just updated to windows 10 1903 update, and my laptop screen is not calibarted anymore as it used to be before the update, now it's slightly cooler and without contrast. I tired some solution with the Task Schedule, but none of them worked. I need to fix this asap,...
  6. windows 10 display in Japanese

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 display in Japanese: Andre Da Costa? I lost your answer - I need your e-mail address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-in-japanese/1c7c8c6b-b489-41b2-9e29-9c7336344ec6
  7. After 1903 update, display corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After 1903 update, display corrupted: After updating old PC with NVidia GTX 1050 ti (latest drivers) the logon screen is fine, but after login I see this. It's a mess. Unable to attempt fix as text is often unreadable. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Update no longer works after 1903 update successfully installed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update no longer works after 1903 update successfully installed.: I've been upgrading computers to 1903 in our company. Most of them have updated successfully. But a small handful will no longer run Windows Update. The error message is: "Error Encountered. We ran into a problem while connecting to the Windows Update service. We'll try to...
  9. Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows no longer display chinese, japanese, etc.. after 1903 update: Hi, after I update Windows to 1903, it no longer display chinese, japanese... and appear as squares instead on some apps and games. It still does display it correctly on Settings some apps like Chrome and UWP apps. This is how it looks like: [ATTACH] I installed chinese...
  10. Issues with Display after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Display after 1903 update: After i upgraded my Windows 10 to 1903v, my graphics card ( NVIDIA 105M ) randomly stop working some times, and even when I'm browsing the internet I'm getting a black bars sometimes and i have never saw this bug in 1809v. - I tried clean GPU installation. - restarting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. atfer updating to windows 10 no japanese