Windows 10: Windows no longer finds .exe files

Discus and support Windows no longer finds .exe files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having a problem getting exe files to run. Office365 now will not start word, excel etc. If I go to the word doc and double click Windows says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PSOMS, Jun 10, 2020.

1. PSOMS Win User

Windows no longer finds .exe files

Having a problem getting exe files to run. Office365 now will not start word, excel etc. If I go to the word doc and double click Windows says it cannot find it. If I navigate to the winword.exe it says it cannot find it. Having the same issue with itunes, adobe acrobat reader as well. Removed and reinstalled itunes - same issue. Did a repair on office, no difference. Running windows 10 Version10.0.18363 Build 18363. Windows did an update last night so nothing else I can pull down to update. Any ideas on what is going on? I have not installed anything new. The only recent updates have been driven by Microsoft. I run Avast and Malwarebytes and no issues are flagged. I have looked around and cannot find any advice specific to this issue.

:)

PSOMS, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 10, 2020
  3. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Windows no longer finds .exe files

Cannot run .exe files

I rebooted my computer and it downloaded some updates. When it restarted, I could no longer run any .exe files. When I click on one, it asks me which program I would like to use to run it. Obviously, there are no programs on the list it offers me. The
    weirdest part is that some downloaded applications (like chrome, thankfully) still run. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or what happened?

robotoverlord, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows no longer finds .exe files

1. Windows no longer finds .exe files - Similar Threads - longer finds exe

2. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe: HelloI have been facing these two errors while working with my system several times.I have try the following commands in Command prompt but problem is still not solved .sfc /scannowDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  3. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe: HelloI have been facing these two errors while working with my system several times.I have try the following commands in Command prompt but problem is still not solved .sfc /scannowDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  4. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows search not finding exe files of portable apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not finding exe files of portable apps?: Hi, I'm used to starting most apps by hitting the Win button and starting typing the name of the app, which sends me to search results. This way I can quickly start even apps that don't have icons on the desktop or quick launch bar. It used to work for my portable apps too...
  6. Windows cannot find multiple exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cannot find multiple exe files?: I woke up today and found that multiple of my programs could not find their exe file. As I did research I found out possibly malware or ransomware so I just reset and reinstalled windows 10 on my personal pc. A family members PC is now however doing the same! We did not share...
  7. windows 10 Can't find .exe files

windows 10 Can't find .exe files: I have a new laptop which is upgraded to win 10 pro. I installed Microsoft office onto it. When I click on any of the apps associated with the office I get the error windows can't find C:\program files9x86\Microsoft office\office12\*.exe. I have tried this series of commands...
  8. Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot find the compatibility tab on an exe. file: Hi, I am having trouble finding the compatibility tab under properties of an exe. file. I am going through tech support for an issue about software i downloaded from them. they want me to change the DPI settings within the compatibility tab, but i dont see the tab. I...
  9. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...
  10. Windows can't find .exe

Windows can't find .exe: Hello, I'm having an issue whenever I try to launch NVidia GeForce Experience. The full error message reads as follows; "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce Experience.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name...