Windows 10: Windows no longer recoginizing HP Scanner

Discus and support Windows no longer recoginizing HP Scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Canoscan 5600F that has been working on my Windows 10 Home PC for years. All of a sudden it is no longer recognized. When I check under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShirleyEdwards2, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Windows no longer recoginizing HP Scanner

I have a Canoscan 5600F that has been working on my Windows 10 Home PC for years. All of a sudden it is no longer recognized. When I check under device manager the scanner is listed as working correctly. Have tried loading the newest driver from the manufacturer. The problem appears to conincide with the installation of Version 1903 on 9/22/19.

:)

ShirleyEdwards2, Oct 20, 2019

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Oct 20, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    S_and_S, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Windows no longer recoginizing HP Scanner

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows no longer recoginizing HP Scanner

1. Windows no longer recoginizing HP Scanner - Similar Threads - longer recoginizing Scanner

2. Can no longer use my HP Scanner All-In-One Officejet Pro L7590 as a scanner with my Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can no longer use my HP Scanner All-In-One Officejet Pro L7590 as a scanner with my Windows...: The HP Solutions Center no longer runs for some reason and when I try to use the Fax and Scan function in Widows 10 it does not recognize my printer/scanner as anything except a printer. Does anyone know how I can recover my scanning capability? I have tried the HP on line...
  3. Hp fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hp fingerprint scanner: I opened my Hp laptop and put my finger on the scanner and It didn't work.So I removed the fingerprint password and when I set it up again it says put fingerprint on the the reader but when I put it on It does nothing.Its enabled in device manager and I tried uninstalling and...
  4. hp 8600 scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp 8600 scanner: I want to scan documents to a PDF file. scanner works with Microsoft scanner ap but pdf file is not an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-8600-scanner/bc4bd016-cf48-4bf6-a4b0-b1d74cf7ff57
  5. HP Scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Scanner: When I scan multiple pages of a document, each page is its own document. The scanner is an HP CEDC3A Office Jet Pro 9010. How can I scan a multiple page document to be saved as one document? Thanks MSFT Community....
  6. HP scanner

HP scanner: We got a new computer. Our multipurpose wireless printer, an HP ENVY 4520, will print, but we can't get the scanner to scan anything. How do we get the scanner to work and be recognized by our Dell computer? Thanks...
  7. scanner with HP 8740

scanner with HP 8740: scanner only creates jpeg or other image; I need PDF; using windows fax and scan with HP 8740 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-with-hp-8740/7f455b8f-0c3e-4c98-978f-e265cbacb227
  8. hp b6 scanner

hp b6 scanner: hi my scanner can no long scan. it continues to show the scanning roll but it can not yield results. even cancelling the scan, it does not complete the cancl however this device can still print, and photocopy. is the scanner damaged or...
  9. HP Scanner (with HP Printer 8600)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Scanner (with HP Printer 8600): Cannot save from my scanner to computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-scanner-with-hp-printer-8600/0d9855eb-7b8f-4c82-856b-e1356bf7e71d
  10. HP 3755 Scanner

HP 3755 Scanner: how to enable scanner on hp 3755 [Original Title:scanner] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-3755-scanner/146b19bf-da5b-4007-8542-0e049a88c9fc