Windows 10: Windows no longer registers input from gamepads while games are running

Discus and support Windows no longer registers input from gamepads while games are running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This issue started happening recently. Was working correctly a couple months ago. Just discovered issue yesterday. While games are running, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CragOrion, Oct 6, 2019.

1. CragOrion Win User

Windows no longer registers input from gamepads while games are running

This issue started happening recently. Was working correctly a couple months ago. Just discovered issue yesterday.

While games are running, the system stops registering any input from the game controller. No buttons on the gamepad seem to do anything.

While no games are running, the system registers input from the controllers just fine.

Results consistent between:

-2 different gamepads (logitech F710, Afterglow PS3/PC wireless controller)

-Several different Steam games, console emulators, and XBOX Console Companion (Final Fantasy VII, KOTOR2, ZSNESW, Fusion sega emulator, Jnes)

With either controller connected, went to Devices and Printers, right-clicked the gamepad, went to Game Controller Settings, selected controller > properties, shows buttons registering presses when no games are running, but when starting any game, it no longer shows buttons registering presses and nothing happens in the games when pressing buttons.

With F710 connected, opened Logitech Profiler. Results with Profiler are same as Game Controller Settings in windows. Registers button presses when no games are running, but when games are run, no button presses are registered.

Replaced batteries in controllers.

Performed reboot.

Downloaded current distribution of Logitech Gaming Software and re-installed.

Uninstalled gamepads from Device Manager and allowed system to re-install them.

Went to gamepad manufacturer sites (logitec, pdp.com) and neither site had drivers available for download that I was able to find.

Ran Windows Updates.

None of these actions resolved the issue.

System Info:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (type: BIOS)
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16366MB RAM
    Page File: 5735MB used, 18630MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12

:)

CragOrion, Oct 6, 2019

2. Compatible gamepads with Windows Store games

I noticed that some Windows Store games support gamepads, but when I connect my Logitech RumblePad 2, it is not detected by the game, it works correctly with desktop games though, is there specific gamepads that are compatible with Windows Store games,
    or should any gamepad work ?

Ilyes Kraïem, Oct 6, 2019
  3. TRWOV Win User
    Gamepad editor for steam?

I've used Pinnacle game profiler for games that don't have native gamepad support. It applies profiles automatically so it's pretty convenient for steam.

I would suggest you to set controls for keyboard+mouse and then map those with the software. I'd guess that remapping to a gamepad directly would mess the input.

TRWOV, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Windows no longer registers input from gamepads while games are running

Gamepad for lumia 730

I am using Lumia 730 from 2 months. I need a gamepad for asphalt 8, nova 3 like games. Suggest me some good gamepad.

ArghadipAdhikari, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows no longer registers input from gamepads while games are running

1. Windows no longer registers input from gamepads while games are running - Similar Threads - longer registers input

2. Computer suddenly not properly registering inputs from input devices such as keyboard or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly not properly registering inputs from input devices such as keyboard or...: right, so i've been using this computer for a pretty long time. recently, out of nowhere, some keys on my keyboard stopped working properly; they'd double up on inputs, only work sometimes, etcetera. it was strange to me, because this keyboard isn't very old, and it also...
  3. Computer suddenly not properly registering inputs from input devices such as keyboard or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer suddenly not properly registering inputs from input devices such as keyboard or...: right, so i've been using this computer for a pretty long time. recently, out of nowhere, some keys on my keyboard stopped working properly; they'd double up on inputs, only work sometimes, etcetera. it was strange to me, because this keyboard isn't very old, and it also...
  4. Bluetooth gamepad inputs aren't recognized properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth gamepad inputs aren't recognized properly: When using a Bluetooth gamepad my inputs are incorrectly recognized.From what I can tell it's occurring with both my GameSir T4 Pro and my sony DS4.I went to the device and printer and it's not any individual game at fault the controllers X-crossDS4 and AGamesir are being...
  5. Windows Search not Registering Input from Keyboard

in Cortana
    Windows Search not Registering Input from Keyboard: It has been around a month, I am not able to input anything in the search bar that appears in the Start menu as well as in the taskbar using the keyboard. My keyboard is working fine with other applications like Word. I tried using the on-screen keyboard, but the problem...
  6. BSOD while running games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while running games: Was playing The Forest and BSODed after my computer restarted it BSODed on the login screen did memory test and it came back fine and a complete reinstall of windows and still BSODed after...
  7. Games no longer running in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games no longer running in Windows 10: Hello all, First time writing on these forums but i need an answer to something. I installed Windows 10 1903 on 5/5/2020 got all the updates including feature update to 1909 and all my games were running fine, literally 2 days later all games stopped running...
  8. Gamepad not working on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad not working on games: Why QHM7468-2V gamepad is not working, i have tested all the tests and it works properly on all test's, but in games it is not working, i have troubleshooted and reinstalled the drivers and restarted the pc many times and it is still not working in games,please give me the...
  9. Xbox One Bluetooth registering as standard X-Input gamepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Bluetooth registering as standard X-Input gamepad: After the most recent update, the drivers on my Xbox One game pad seem to have changed to a standard X-input device, causing my games to see the button presses as key strokes, and not recognizing my joysticks at all, sometimes replacing them with my mouse controls. i have to...
  10. Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10: I have a RetroBit N64 Controller, a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and a Sony DualShock 4. Whenever I try to use any of them, all of the buttons on them turn into keys as if they were on a keyboard. For example, the C-Stick/C-buttons turn into the scrolling wheel on a mouse,...